Have you ever soiled yourself as an adult?

He kept us up to date in the WhatsApp group :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Any unsolved murders in that ladā€™s area? He has clearly a want in him.

A student of Rabelais no doubt.
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/r/rabelais/francois/r11g/book1.13.html

3 Likes

Wonderful to see Rabelais mentioned around here.

1 Like

Imagine sitting beside this pig at workā€¦ Serves him rightā€¦
Wow. Itā€™s sunny. Iā€™ll spend all of it in a pub getting wasted. Wowā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the oirish way.

His views on the subject are nothing short of profound

2 Likes

I have never heard of this chap but thanks for bringing him to my attention. Iā€™d be more of a Roger Mellie man myself which goes some way to explaining our differing levels of intellect.

2 Likes

I initially I read this as saying, ā€œin that lads arseā€. I was baffled for a bit I dont mind saying.

1 Like

:smiley:

I say the smell of him was lethal though

Talk to @Tank You could get group discount for Freudian anal ysis

The Russian literary scholar Mikhail Bakhtin wrote a book called Rabelais and his World, where he talks about the idea of carnivalesque behaviour and the ā€˜grotesqueā€™

An interesting analysis of Rabelaisā€™s work that is worth a read @glenshane

2 Likes

I wish I could say otherwise but I know itā€™s never going to happen. Thereā€™s hardly a podcast lying around?

1 Like

Unfortunately not mate

How could you have time to read anything with all this coke youā€™re doing? Are you Nick Cave in disguise?

I hope my own drug-fuelled literary exploits have more artistic merit than the replies on the TFK Lookalikes thread.

And better spelling

1 Like

Oh my goodness.

My life partner got a bug and/or food poisoning over the weekend and was puking and shitting last night.

Thankfully I felt fine, which is the main thing, and I went to work as normal today. However, I felt a slight stomach cramp around 3pm and did a shite in the work bog the chap I recently mentioned on the toilet etiquette thread would have been proud of. I was back into the bathroom 3 more times between around 3.30 and 5, basically shitting out liquid while this sore stomach persisted and actually worsened.

I still had to get home via public transport and I was panicking. I basically tried to calm myself by saying there were a couple of pubs in pretend IRA territory I could nip into on my way up to Connolly Station, and even the rancid station toilets were a fall back option too. I tentatively set off around 5.25 and got to the station with only one alarm (a squeaky fart near Georgeā€™s Dock luas stop which escaped out).

I was using the Irish Rail app to coordinate my platform arrival with the 17.45 northbound dart and I was successful. It was only a minute or two late and we got to Clontarf Road station without any further alarm. But I started sweating uncontrollably when the dart was stopped here and my face was soaked and there were drips on the back of my neck within seconds. Then the cramp in my stomach began to get severe and I genuinely thought I was going to shit myself on the dart.

I started to do all sorts of avoidance tricks such as humming songs and Iā€™d seen on twitter earlier that Aaron Connolly became the 100th Irish player to score in the EPL when he scored on Saturday. So I started listing players in my headā€¦Keane x2, Quinn, Walters, Holland, Ireland, what about lads from way backā€¦Houghton, Irwin, Stauntonā€¦my fucking god Iā€™m going to shit myself on a rush hour dart.

But we somehow got to Killester and Iā€™d gotten onto the dart in Connolly at the carriage/place which I knew coincided with the Killester ramp. These are the decisions that only come with experience. I shuffled out and was pretty much at the head of the queue of people exiting the station. I still had a 4-5 minute walk to my houseā€¦back to recent players Duffy, Hendrick, Brady, Long.

Thereā€™s a little green area to cross near my house and I started to gently jog but I had to abandon that as something was loosening in my stomach/arse.

Then a strange peace came over me as I accepted my fate and thought it wouldnā€™t actually be so bad if I shat myself this close to home. It must be akin to someone who accepts their day of reckoning with god is coming. I almost floated to the front door and next thing I was weaving past my child, who was crawling in the hall, and shitting out what must have been about 6 litres of disgusting brown water in my downstairs toilet which was splashing back up on my hamstrings.

Iā€™ve repeated that process a few times since and I also spent 20 minutes before 9pm violently puking into the toilet. We are putting it down to the hot dogs we had in St Anneā€™s Park on Saturday morning and this is the darker side of Parkrun that doesnā€™t get spoken about in public (cc @Spidey).

50 Likes

You got the trots after a trot ?

Hot dogsšŸ™ˆ you are basically shitting liquidised offal

1 Like

You appear to have an extremely unreliable bowel.

Without wishing to jinx myself I dont think Iv ever had the runs