Health Insurance

Maybe so but in this country with our public healthcare everyone should have private, especially if you have kids. No doubt all these people have full Sky HD+ packages though.

4 Likes

The sad fact is that if no one had private, overall it would be a fairly good health service. The consultants negotiated a ridiculous contract there around 15 years ago when Harney was minister and Reilly was Rep for the IMO. It meant that consultants didn’t have to fulfill any fixed number of hours on the public roster and still got paid. One consultant in Limerick regional used see public patients on Monday morning and at 12 hop in the car and drive to a private hospital in Dublin for the remainder of the week.

1 Like

TV packages always get singled out for extravagant working class spending. It’s actually cheap entertainment compared to going to the pub or cinema or a few football matches in person. Not sure why anyone would of begrudge someone that level of opulence.

It’s not always about just plain old insurance anyway. The complications in the insurance market are ridiculous and can result in something going undiagnosed because of obscure decisions about what procedures are covered where. The regulator should be removing such obvious flaws from the market.

The Irish cancer society while probably set up with best intentions is a pure con job.
How many daffodils were sold to pay for a commissioned report that says private health insurance gives you better health care.
Pure gangsters. Reports and huge salaries and jobs for the boys who can write reports but services they were founded to provide being cut.

Spot on yet again

I’ve no doubt about that @HBV buddy. I thought that maybe one. Just one journalist would ask them are they fucking not just stating the obvious in their findings.

I’ve just used it because it is in or around the €1500 a family would cost to insure. A holiday away in the summer could also be used or a couple of nights down the pub each month.

1 Like

I dont have sky sports or any other tv package, I would rather a couple of evenings in the pub, thanks.

1 Like

Get a dodgy box and you can have both !

That’s fine. You choose whatever suits you best. You won’t find me judging you for having a couple of pints.

I really should do this.

That’s only because you rarely darken the door of a pub these days. You’re too busy sitting at home watching your multiple sports packages.

1 Like

That Laya app is the job… Take a pic of your receipt and money back in your bank acc in 3 days. What a time to be alive.

2 Likes

What do Laya cover?

Depends on plan, mate… 50% return on physio , doctors, dentist, reflexology, acupuncture etc. etc…couple of mri scans a year and so on.

3 Likes

Sounds good. I got a voicemail from VHI earlier about my renewal

Lolz… Fuck em off.

2 Likes

Tailored finance in Dublin are a health insurance broker not tied agents to any of the providers . Excellent service. Well worth getting onto them when you are renewing. It should be easy enough to do a comparison ones self but it is deliberatly difficult.

See German invaded Poland

do you muldoons have to facility to pay for car parking on your phone yet? that will blow yer mind when it comes to oireland

2 Likes