Health Insurance

Renewing my health insurance. Worth looking at hia.ie. Vhi plan b options is 2500 versus vhi pmi 37 13 which is 1100 for very comparable level of coverage apart from “day to day” expenses

What’s the difference and how many of ye are covered for the 1100

That is per adult
Plan b is 2500 per adult

Kids on one plan family for 150 each

2 Likes

Can anyone advise as to what happens in relation to health insurance when you leave your job for one with a new company?

Does you health insurance end on the date of your notice period or does it run until the end of the policy and HR subtract the dues from the final paycheck? what is the norm here?

Sorry I cant help with your main question … But I’d advise to try not take any break with your health cover and to get onto them to speak about continuing it from when you do find out you are to be cut off … Sis in law took a 3 month break when moving jobs last year and they refused to help cover any bit of a 14k hip operation this year on the grounds that she took the break…

It runs until the day you finish up. If you switch to an another or stay with existing insurer within 13 weeks, the completed waiting periods will not have to be served again. Therefore, you can normally move from one Irish insurer to another without loss of cover.

Health insurance would kick in from commencement with the new employer. Not sure as to who their provider is but assume it is straightforward and the employer/health insurer will do the heavy lifting on it

I’ve switched a few times through employers all v straightforward

Fuck. €2200 just renewed it there

You got a good rattle out of it last year in fairness

5 Likes

Is that a big increase? Does the community rating stuff not prevent you from being hit like that?

Shouldn’t be hit at all if it’s just a renewal of an existing policy or switching to similar coverage.

I had a look at what it costs me yearly. It’s more than that. So looks like you’re actually doing OK Mike.

Obviously unlikely comparing like with like.

It’s not that much actually. The direct debit goes out each month. It’s just when they hit you with the total that you realise the big chunk it is. Plus no loading as it is an on going condition that was diagnosed under the same policy

1 Like

No increase this year. Happy enough with that. Thought thered be something as technically the eldest was still seventeen when renewed last year. She turned eighteen last January

1 Like

I see Laya are making a member payment or rebate to every policy holder in August. If you have 2 adults and 2 children covered and you are the policy holder you will receive a payment of €240. €85 per adult and €35 per child.

2 Likes

I just read that email not two minutes ago. Said early July in my mail so that will cover the few pints and Croker Sunday week. Or petrol for those who decide to drive up :smiley:

1 Like

Ditto. A mighty sound gesture by the CEO we dont deserve. Acknowledged the cost of living crisis and is doing more than the government to put some money back in the pockets of people.

1 Like

For those of use who pay bik on it will we get a reduction on that tax?

Caa Ching.A nice little bonus.