Health Insurance

Yes

Nice one.

Anyone have any experience of getting dental insurance for kids. No issue now but based on few horror stories iv heard cost of orthodontics could be massive if anything major was needed

I looked at the DeCare option through work and the amount of small print and terms and conditions on what is covered and what you would be refunded was not reassuring. Their online reviews were horrific too so tread carefully.

1 Like

Our young lad had to get braces a while back. We hadn’t insurance for it. Mrs. B handled it at the time. She set up a plan with the Orthodontist through our own dentist, paying as he went over the time he had to wear braces. Worked out grand. There was a few euro to claim back at the end against PRSI I think… maybe it was against our health insurance too, not sure.
Anyways, don’t panic, it’s doable and won’t put out the lights.

2 Likes

We paid 4k for our eldests

Yea, ours totalled €3800 approx, appointments, adjustments etc included

1 Like

:tired_face:

My wife’s niece had to get here’s done about 4 years ago.Her teeth were terrible,she could ate an apple through a letterbox.Cost about 3k at the time.

3 Likes

4k for Invisalign on the mainland. X 2.
I wish I’d had it. I hate my teeth.

If your child gets assessed for it in the primary school system isn’t the cost covered by HSE?

1 Like

We’ve done that but as per usual the missus took care of it all so I don’t have a clue :grinning:
You do need to wait at least 24 months I think before getting any major work done, does that sound right? But it definitely paid for itself and much more

1 Like

Youngest due next month

20% back in jan is nice though

Has to be done but it’s some scourge. I’d say we’ll have to bite the bullet soon with the eldest

1 Like

Its tough on them too, a lot of work and sore initially

2 Likes

Well worth it in the end

3 Likes

My older lad was 4K or maybe slightly more, retainer then braces and now a retainer. Paid in instalments as work was done.

Younger lad just needs train tracks on upper teeth - so 2k.

I think they all seem to get it done these days. It’s a bit of a racket but if you can it’s well spent.

1 Like

Who’d be the best health insurance company?

VHI

3 Likes

Imagine how @artfoley feels?

1 Like