Hillsborough

They didn’t … a lot of fans still had full match tickets, stubbs not taken- They were just ushered into one area by the police, no checks.

Don’t ask me mate - I didn’t go through it page by page. I’m only interested in their final judgement.

Here’s more …

In the april FA Cup Semi Final of 1981 between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur, there were 36 supporters injured due to crushing in the same pens that held Liverpool fans behind the goal at The Leppings Lane End. Referee, Clive Thomas had to stop the game and make this known to the police as fans poured out over fences an onto the perimeter of the pitch. In. April 1987, Leeds United supporters were also subjected to a crush at The Leppings Lane End in their FA Cup Semi-Final tie versus Coventry City. The police continually ushered supporters to the central pens, ignoring repeated requests to open the side pens as an overflow. After eventually relenting due to crushing, it was noted that an incredible escape had happened that day

I had thought that “justice for 96” was a campaign by Limerick fans to get Liam Dunne punished for breaking Gary Kirby’s finger in the 1996 All Ireland Final.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 932203, member: 24”]They were not responsible. The police were. It has been proven.

You utter retard.[/QUOTE]

Serious question - are you saying that Liverpool supporters have absolutely no blame whatsoever for what happened on that day? Not an ounce of culpability?

The 96 who died were not responsible. They showed up early and were inadvertantly killed/crushed by those arriving late ticketless and pissed. The police undoubtedly contributed to the tragedy by opening the gates, they made a terrible mistake but they were not to blame totally for the awful events at Hillsborough.

This is not a dig at Liverpool either by the way. Turning up pissed and ticketless was very common in English football at the time. Practically every club did it back then. It could have easily been United or any other clubs fans in the Leppings Lane End that day. Honour the innocent people who died, absolutely they should be remembered, but what irks people is that there is a refusal of anyone associated with Liverpool to accept an ounce of responsibility for what happened on that awful day. “No, it wasn’t us. It was the South Yorkshire Police, it was The Sun, it was Thatcher etc.”

This campaign for Justice is very noble what about the justice for the equally innocent people who died at Heysel? Is it ok they died because they are only greasy wops? Athens was another catastrophe that was only narrowly avoided as mentioned earlier by a first hand witness.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932227, member: 1552”]Serious question - are you saying that Liverpool supporters have absolutely no blame whatsoever for what happened on that day? Not an ounce of culpability?

The 96 who died were not responsible. They showed up early and were inadvertantly killed/crushed by those arriving late ticketless and pissed. The police undoubtedly contributed to the tragedy by opening the gates, they made a terrible mistake but they were not to blame totally for the awful events at Hillsborough.

This is not a dig at Liverpool either by the way. Turning up pissed and ticketless was very common in English football at the time. Practically every club did it back then. It could have easily been United or any other clubs fans in the Leppings Lane End that day. Honour the innocent people who died, absolutely they should be remembered, but what irks people is that there is a refusal of anyone associated with Liverpool to accept an ounce of responsibility for what happened on that awful day. “No, it wasn’t us. It was the South Yorkshire Police, it was The Sun, it was Thatcher etc.”

This campaign for Justice is very noble what about the justice for the equally innocent people who died at Heysel? Is it ok they died because they are only greasy wops? Athens was another catastrophe that was only narrowly avoided as mentioned earlier by a first hand witness.[/QUOTE]

What has Heysel to do with Hillsborough, pal? And yes of course they deserve justice. Have you read none of what was posted about near misses and Hillsborough and the authorities ignoring pleas not to hold games there, about the road delays that insured the fans were late, not drink. Of course there were people in there without tickets, you just said every club partook in it- But should they have been able to get in? Should there have only been two police on mounted horse to over see thousands of fans? It could have been any club that day, it turned out to be Liverpool and just because they were the cause of 39 deaths in Heysel doesn’t mean you get to score points or ignore what happened that day.

Disgraceful thing to say, its clearly referring to England fans anger at Gareth Southgates penalty miss to knock out England in Euro 96

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 932227, member: 1552”]Serious question - are you saying that Liverpool supporters have absolutely no blame whatsoever for what happened on that day? Not an ounce of culpability?
[/QUOTE]
I’ll field this one.

Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

piss off

Please tell me the lads only rant like this in the security of the madhouse that is TFK…

It will be interesting to see what the detractors here have to say when the new evidence is released solely blaming the police and match day officials for the absolute sham they made of that day… They won’t want to hear it tho, they are too full of hate and boil.

Imagine wanting to score points off the death of 96 people just to justify your support of another club or disdain of another.

I don’t have and boil in me.you can see what all this hand waving and passing the buck has done for LFC, have they moved on and learned

Scroll back up the reread scrunchies excellent post , now that’s a cover up

I’m full of love not hate but it’s bizarre to see posters blindly looking for any way to exonerate blame from a crowd pissed, ticketless clowns (who were late for the game) by dint of the fact that they follow the same football team.

Anyone who had no ticket knew they were in the wrong and shouldn’t have been there. Anyone forcing the crowd forward knew they were in the wrong. That the cops mismanaged it is moot really. Personal responsibility has been lost in the discussion here.

[QUOTE=“Kid Chocolate, post: 932246, member: 553”]I don’t have and boil in me.you can see what all this hand waving and passing the buck has done for LFC, have they moved on and learned

Scroll back up the reread scrunchies excellent post , now that’s a cover up[/QUOTE]
there were no turnstiles in Athens

Who allows that?

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 932247, member: 11”]I’m full of love not hate but it’s bizarre to see posters blindly looking for any way to exonerate blame from a crowd pissed, ticketless clowns (who were late for the game) by dint of the fact that they follow the same football team.

Anyone who had no ticket knew they were in the wrong and shouldn’t have been there. Anyone forcing the crowd forward knew they were in the wrong. That the cops mismanaged it is moot really. Personal responsibility has been lost in the discussion here.[/QUOTE]
Grand so. Why do football matches almost everywhere have crowd control, cordons, gates, turnstiles, tickets, police, stewards when we can just rely on people doing the right thing and exercising personal responsibility

A crowd has no single brain and doesn’t behave with all available information. A crowd needs to be supervised and controlled.

I believe the contributory negligence of the crowd would negate a lot if not all of the negligence on behalf off the police.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 932251, member: 2272”]Grand so. Why do football matches almost everywhere have crowd control, cordons, gates, turnstiles, tickets, police, stewards when we can just rely on people doing the right thing and exercising personal responsibility

A crowd has no single brain and doesn’t behave with all available information. A crowd needs to be supervised and controlled.[/QUOTE]

Are you the brake light man?

Because of a section of Liverpool supporters being cunts is the answer to your question.

If the cops had opened up on the kunts with plastic bullets and water cannons, which was exactly what the situation demanded could you imagine the outcry? We’d be totally sickened with the visages of tattooed skin headed knackers with “martyr” above them. Reread scrunchies post above , it’s the poor cops you’d feel sorry for here

[QUOTE=“Appendage, post: 932247, member: 11”]I’m full of love not hate but it’s bizarre to see posters blindly looking for any way to exonerate blame from a crowd pissed, ticketless clowns (who were late for the game) by dint of the fact that they follow the same football team.

Anyone who had no ticket knew they were in the wrong and shouldn’t have been there. Anyone forcing the crowd forward knew they were in the wrong. That the cops mismanaged it is moot really. Personal responsibility has been lost in the discussion here.[/QUOTE]
Apart from the fact that your post is a completely free of any evidence for anything, I can see no problem with it.