Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Iā€™d recommend Santā€™Angelo Village in Italy as an alternative to Cambrils, handy flight & good times from Cork, 40mins to the site, plenty of stuff on site to keep the kids busy and right on the beach, food is good and day trips to Venice from right outside the main entrance, all in about half the price of cambrills for this time of the year. Hard to fault the place.

8 Likes

Where did ye fly to?

Cambrils is fair pricey alright

We just landed in Altominicio close to Lake Garda today, all good so far. Thereā€™s a nice edge to it that Cambrils doesnā€™t have. An adults getting drunk in the afternoon vibe.

Ours are a bit hardier now so can be left off the leash a bit so itā€™s a bit more relaxing and less structured. Will report back further as the break goes on

8 Likes

A bunch of the in-laws are heading there next week. Was recommended to them by an agent.
Are you hiring a car?

Lovely over there. Did a week in Peschiera del Garda just down the road from you.

2 Likes

Venice, Treviso and Verona are all within an hour of it.

Weā€™ve done Union Lido and Pradelletorri in that area too. Gorgeous spots on the Adriatic Sea

1 Like

Actually @Fran if you do pop in to Peschiera, thereā€™s a small little bistro that makes all its own pasta by hand. Delicious food and reasonable. Pasta Salame itā€™s called I think.

1 Like

Nearing the end of 10 (ten) nights close to Porto Cristo in Mallorca. Can fault it really. All in job, weather unrale, kids happy, herself delighted, Iā€™m either half cut all the time or cut half the time :woozy_face:. Having drink on tap is dangerous, weā€™ve an awful problem with drink etc. Mostly German speakers here, a few Brits, sprinkling of Paddies. Safe for the kids, pools, beach, slides; what else do you need :man_shrugging:t3:

17 Likes

You deserve it pal

1 Like

Cheers for that, will give it a go

Yep, we hired a little Corsa or something, it was a bit of a squeeze and expensive but glad we did it. I think itā€™s very difficult to get taxis around here and I hate having to rely on someone else to get around.

Also the shop here isnā€™t great so Iā€™d recommend they head to the local supermarcado and spend half the money on the groceries

1 Like

From Cork direct to Marco Polo airport Venice with Ryanair

1 Like

Any decent waterparks there?

Weā€™re in Bella next week. Still waiting on @Juhniallio for the big review

1 Like

Thereā€™s a small water park as part of the complex, perfect for the 4 yr old. A tube slide that lasts around 10 seconds, an open lazy one that is about the same length and a few straight slides at half the time. Havenā€™t needed to look for anything else close by

I believe they close the pools now in Cambrils/Sanguli from 2-3.

Must be a staff issue so they donā€™t have to roster cover for breaks.

1 Like

2 Likes

My wordā€¦ It looks low key but the food was unreal there. Compared to the tourist traps down the road in the main area who charged more for average fare.

Confirmed by my man on the ground, although their saying its for cleaning. TBF itā€™s ideal, gives a bit of structure rather than dragging the kids out for lunch. They wont have a choice.

2 Likes

Ah it was siesta time here, most places were closed. We didnā€™t get to go this time but maybe later in the week