Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

The Ryanair Venice airport is actually in Treviso, which is a beautiful town in itself. Iā€™d strongly recommend staying there to visit Venice. Thereā€™s a train every 20 mins which is practically free, and drops you right at the main boat place and you can buy a day pass for the boat then.

3 Likes

Supposed to be a balls of an airport. Tiny and packed.

Lads Iā€™m looking for some advice about a trip to Italy in a couple of weeks time. Flying into bergamo/Milan airport late so gonna book into a cheap hotel just to get the head down. I have 6 full days after and was thinking of heading to Verona for 3 nights and maybe lake Garda for the other 3. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to visit and places to stay. Iā€™d be easy going with regards to where to go as long as itā€™s within 2.5-3 hrs train journey max .
All help much appreciated and anything else will be less appreciated :wink:

Bergamo itself is nice

1 Like

Just like Venice. Tourism disneyland

I liked Venice the one time I visited it 30 plus years ago.

1 Like

Verona itself will pass one day and no more Iā€™d say

3 Likes

You can go to Gardaland theme park and scream your head off on the rollercoaster on your own. Thereā€™s loads of villages dotted all around the lake so you could take bus/boat or rent a car and visit a few of them. Google Limone sul Garda for example (everything made out of lemon there) . Thereā€™s also a nice cable car up the mountain on the far side of the lake, malcesine baldo cable car (@Fran ), with lots of trails to go for a short hike at the top, or just enjoy the view over the lake from the cafe. Verona will only pass a day but see if thereā€™s any opera or show on in the outdoor amphitheatreā€¦ We got Carmen in when there. Bergamo itself is nice too.

2 Likes

you could do florence within 3 hours of bergamo, would highly recommend it. just watch out for the rip off cafes. lots to see and do there. for R&R, id maybe suggest lake maggiore instead of garda wont be as busy and youve nice little places llike ispra to visit and you can stay in fancy former stately homes for next to buttons

1 Like

Florence is lovely. Hard work in mid summer though.

1 Like

tis scorchio in the summer but still worth the effort. after florence we went to passaganio sul trasimere, which was even hotter

Seriously crowded and hot.

Staying close to the lake with the fresh alpine summer breeze coming in sporadic waves is a no brainer.

1 Like

Massive queues for everything.

Was there once in early December and once in July. Like chalk and cheese. Wouldnā€™t go near it in the summer again.

Thanks a lot, youā€™re really selling it sir. We have 2 nights in Florence this Sunday and Monday.

1 Like

Find yourself an Oirish bar to watch Limerick.

Sure did you not tell me already that wonā€™t be a contest, yee will stuff them!

Sightseeing in summer in Italy etc is a mugs game.

Head over to the Italian Riviera. Pal of mine did it a couple of years ago and itā€™s on my bucket list.

As for lake Garda sirmione is nice and worth a visit. We were on the west side of the lake and it was nice and not as busy.

Verona is lovely but itā€™s bloody warm in there in summer as is any city. Iā€™m not sure those cities are best visited at height of summer as itā€™s just too hot.

1 Like