Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

The train stops there kid so you can train it to Verona and Venice. So yes, as a base it’s great… You have to get bus or taxi to train station from Airport but you can train it in from Bergamo M…the theme park has a free bus from that town also. I think there was one other town you could visit in the lake by train also, about 10 minutes spin only… The rest you’ll have to local bus, drive or boat.

1 Like

We had a drink in the square up beside this the other night. Might go for lunch here in next few days.
Peschiera and Sirmione are great but the latter was wedged yesterday. Great swimming in Jamaica beach if you avoid slipping on the moss

2 Likes

Would highly recommend Lazise if you haven’t already been there. Some wonderful spots for dinner along the lakeside with the sun setting over the mountains on the opposite side of the lake. Lively but not half as busy as Sirmione. If you get there early enough you’ll have no bother getting a car parking space in the little car park near the centro.

Where you stay btw?

1 Like

We’re in Bella italia. Might as well be in Kelly’s hotel in Rosslare with the amount of people I’ve bumped into that we know. There’s a crew at a wedding in bardolino tmrw so will be heading up that way over the weekend.

Is yer leccy gone

We spent the day there yesterday visiting friends. Very busy spot alright, great access to the lake though and plenty of good facilities. We’re about 15 minutes out the road along the Mincio river in Altomincio. Great spot but you definitely need a car

It went the other night for a few hours yeah but whole town got whacked. Plenty of lightning at night.

Pal of mine told me his was gone for two days

Ours went for about 40 mins the other night while I was watching the Sunday game

1 Like

Think it also depended on what operator you stayed with. Euro camp ones went the longest I believe. No fun here without aircon

1 Like

Yeah that was on shortlist initially but it’s a spin into town. Bella italia is 15 min stroll along the lake which decided it for us

1 Like

Holiday cancelled due to positive Covid test. :cry:cruise around the Norwegian fjords. Due to be going tomorrow.

4 Likes

Bummer, is that round 2 or 3? Hopefully you’re not too bad with it

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Fagan, that’s a pain in the hole. Are you feeling poorly?

1 Like

Ah shit @Fagan_ODowd . Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Ah no

1 Like

No I’m not.

That’s the way it is in 2022.

That’s a balls.

It is what it is. The funeral last Friday had the added benefit of being a superspreader event.