Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Iā€™m going to be controversial here but would you not go anyway. I probably would, truth be told

Canā€™t get on a cruise liner without a negative test. And I wouldnā€™t want to be cooped up in a cabin for a week if I was feeling poorly.

2 Likes

No craic on the sea feeling like shit

As an ex navy man I can attest to that.

5 Likes

Ah gutted for you.
Any kinda covid insurance

Yes I bought it when booking, which isnā€™t like me. (Actually it is, I am risk averse). But Royal Caribbean arenā€™t having any of it and have themselves offered me a full refund. Probably grateful I didnā€™t chance my arm and infect the whole fucking boat.

20 Likes

Tough break @Fagan_ODowd

Our flights to Schippol for August weā€™re cancelled yesterday but luckily we were quick on the draw and got something later the same day, but of a shit show at the moment to be honest

2 Likes

Delighted for you. Hope you have a lovely break.

Glad you got the full refund. This could be fate and I suspect youā€™ll meet a lovely lady from the Netherlands called Freda on your rescheduled cruise.

1 Like

Do you definitely have it? If you feel ok it could be a false positive.

Some balls either way.

No itā€™s not a false positive. Picked it up at the funeral.

Sucks.

You have to be stoic about these things now.

4 Likes

Not great nor even good news Fagan. Itā€™s a cruel twist but as you say youā€™re resilient and will bounce back.
Broke a bigger cross my late mother would say, but there again she had a penchant for these comments.

Fagans had to cancel the cruise Ma - Covid. Terrible, sorry for him. Bobby will be delighted once heā€™s OK.

3 Likes

Thats a bummer sir, hope youā€™re not too bad. It was noticeable in Italy last week a lot more people wearing masks than here in Ireland. I suppose they got hit so hard at the start of the pandemic its made them wary.

You were right about Florence, great to just wander around although only problem was the 39 degrees heat the 2 days we were there. Hit it lucky on Sunday though, the Uffizi has free admittance on the first Sunday of the month so we killed over 2 hours in there out of the heat. Kids got a bit bored after turning the corner and seeing another sculpture of a naked man so i would have stayed longer but not them. Catherdral of Santa Croce was good too.

7 Likes

With who?

Ryanair

1 Like

Looking at the shit show in Schippol at moment you might have dodged a bullet. Bringing the kids there in Aug myself had you any tips for me for stuff to do with kids

Duinrell theme/water park is the main attraction for us, few nights in Amsterdam and a week at the coast

1 Like

Amsterdam is a great spot. Presume you will go to the Anne Frank House and the Rijksmuseum. That North Sea coast is lovely in summer.