Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

So long story short, my wife booked flights back home - through heathrow - and just realised that we have 2 hours 15 minutes between connecting flights to collect luggage at t2 and check in at t3 for the flight to Cork.

Obviously this is impossible considering the current situation in Heathrow. Alternatives? Just have to book a later flight to Cork that day I guess?

My wife reckons we should just not do check in luggage and send a parcel of clothes over and buy other stuff over in Ireland. :thinking:

A trip to penny’s def cheaper than new flights. Does avoiding the check in of luggage actually sort the problem? Def do it if that’s the case

1 Like

Should do yeah, as the worry is we have to wait around for ages for the luggage due to the issues at Heathrow. Even not having to wait around for a normal time for the luggage should help.

1 Like

All the woes about flights and holidays… Guys should really have held off till 2023.

A return leg of a flight I’m on has also been cancelled from Schippol. Must be a right basket place of an airport.

your bags should redirect onto the flight would it not? If you have a connecting flight there usually is no need to pick up bags, they just send it onto the next aircraft and you just go and get your connection

2 Likes

Think I have it now too. Flu-like symptoms, touch of a sore throat. Have to drive to catch the flight in Venice tomorrow morning so hopefully a day of rest will see me right

Could do worse than put a couple of Apple tags on the suitcases in case they go missing or cant be tracked down. Best not to put any essential medicines or anything valuable in checked luggage either and bring on as hand luggage.

2 Likes

You tried telling them so you did.

No. She already called the airline and they said it won’t.

What are the chances of Ireland being in the midst of a Covid-19 surge in three week’s time? Fairly high considering things in mainland Europe right now?

The medics think the peak of the current surge is a week away.

1 Like

If people are not getting particularly sick with it or sick at all I don’t think it will be a major issue for most people traveling but some people may be unlucky.

Covid is being used by Aer Lingus as a smokescreen for staff disputes and a lack of staff cover.

3 Likes

Nah I don’t mind that, but we’ll be staying with my elderly parents while I’m back.

1 Like

If they haven’t had their 2nd booster shot then now would be an appropriate time to get them.
It’ll ease their concerns if nothing else.

Yeah they are getting it next week.

You’ll be grand so

All you can do really is get tested and then limit contact. It does seem to be that a lot of people in Ireland have got it over last three weeks or so but nobody particularly sick in my circle.

We’re following the Portugal model… We’ll be coming back down the slope in 3 weeks’ time

1 Like