Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

It’s not all glamour in Sanguli

Oasis pool closed yesterday for a couple of hours due to a floater. Baby I assume.

Africa pool just closed now. Another floater.

Dirty bastards won’t fork out for a swimming nappy

4 Likes

For fuck sake. I don’t know how people swim in pools.

2 Likes

Sounds worse than the aquadome

I was in a campsite near BĂŠziers a few weeks back and they had the floater dealt with and the pool reopened in 15 minutes. Had some pool hoover contraption to suck all the shiticles in.

Is 15 minutes too soon to get back in the water? Hard to know but they take pool hygiene very seriously in France.

1 Like

Thank god our villa is a private gated residence with none of this reprehensible carry on in either pool.

2 Likes

It was a lovely 34 degrees in the Canaries here last weekend. Perfect walking around weather @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Got an email from Aer Lingus saying they moved our flight from London to Cork a day forward aka before we have even left Singapore for London. This apparently is an “involuntary change” - I assume that we are fucked and they are trying to get us to cancel out of hand?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/travel/aer-lingus-cancels-several-flights-27499305

Flight cancelled. :expressionless:

From my past experience Aer Lingus are a nightmare for UK/Ireland flights

1 Like

A tip for any of you crazy enough to go to Rome in the summer heat. Get a train up to Frascatti and cool off for the day.

Just made it back from italia, we had an absolutely fantastic holiday but glad to be outa that heat tbh. I feel like I’m playing catch up as this was our first time in Italy, spent time in bergamo, malsepine in lake Garda and Verona😍

7 Likes

We spent our last half day in Verona- regret not visiting it earlier. A wonderful spot.

1 Like

We only had 24hrs there but did most of the sites in the old town topped off with eating dinner at a restaurant outside the amphitheater last night listening to simple minds belting out their classics

2 Likes

Verona is beautiful. I would go as far as to say I enjoyed it more than the likes or Rome. Rome is gone mental with the amount of tourism. I mentioned before I spent 2 years there in early 00s, and I never remember the amount of tourists there as there is the last time I went a few years back. Horrible. And in the height of the summer, walking around in that heat? Fuged about id!!

Further update to this, more awful news - apparently Emirates now have the right to refuse our boarding as we no longer have the original connecting flight booked. :rofl:

1 Like

Ah jayzus. Thats fuckedbup.

1 Like

have you travel insurance, what a clusterfuck

1 Like

Ah lovely.

Ok lads. Fuck this Costa Rica bullshit. I’m off to Kilkee for the banjo holiday weekend. Mrs J has booked us into some hippy campsite. It’ll be us and the 2 kids, 10 and 7. I’d like recommendations please. Stuff to do. Places to eat/drink and see. And nice walks/trips in the area cc @backinatracksuit . Looking forward to the host of honest good faith replies im sure are on the way. Clàr abù!

5 Likes

Big one for the @limericks here

1 Like