Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Pollack holes with the kids when tide is gone out

Have a lash of the diving boards

1 Like

Send the kids off for milk and ice cream while you have a ride in the tent

2 Likes

The Cliff walk is savage and is better than the cliffs of moher in my opinion. There was actually an article in the Times today about Kilkee, restaurants etc. Iā€™ll throw it up later on.

2 Likes

Long Dock in Carrigaholt is a top class restaurant well worth a visit only 10 minutes out the road from Kilkee, in Kilkee itself Naughtons would be the best in my opinion youā€™d need to book them all in advance. At the start of the cliff walk thereā€™s a nice cafe with a lot of outdoor seating facing out onto the Atlantic. Plenty of decent boozers, the Greyhound, Murphys Scottā€™s would be my pick.

4 Likes

The Long Dock is savage.There was a decent restaurant in Kilkee before called Murphy Blackā€™s but I think itā€™s gone.

Good spot for pubs, you have a pick of them. Make sure to get a breakfast roll in Nolanā€™s, one of the greatest delis in the country.

2 Likes

Itā€™s reopened under a new name, Hickeys own it now

2 Likes

Another vote for the Long Dock here, unreal food. The lighthouse below in Loop Head and the drive down and back will kill a bit of time as well.

2 Likes

Will bore the kids maybe but the drive from kilkee to loop head via the coast road is nice. Lots of cliffs etc, like a smaller Cliffs of Moher but with less people! Long Dock does a nice feed as well. I am not a fan of cliffs. Always make me nervous and I think about how easy it would be to jump or drive the car over the edge. YMMV as they say.
There might be some dolphin watching down at loop head too.

2 Likes

Long Dock is very overrated and overpriced. Keatings in Kilbaha is where it is at

1 Like

Mighty fine establishment with good roaster portions

1 Like

Left home two hours before the flight from Shannon to Marseille today and through security with an hour to spare. Literally no one in front of us in the queue. Only way to travel.

One sour note on the check in alright. Your wan checks in our bags and turns around to the one beside her on the desk and says fuck Iā€™m after sending them for alicante. Needless to say we were not going to alicante, no one else was fucking going to Alicante either that flight wasnā€™t leaving for four hours after ours. Was fairly sure we would be landing with no cases, but they arrived anyway.

The Ryanair terminal in Marseille is gas, looks like they converted a warehouse, painted block walls no plaster, corrugated iron roof, concrete floors with no finish. If it has aircon its shite.

Anyway. Its fucking baking over here. Prices are ridiculous, but the two meals so far have been unraleable. Even the olive oil was delicious. Iā€™ll be half a stone heavier and a whole lot of money lighter by the end of the week. Canā€™t bate it

15 Likes

Hon Limerick hope you brought your jersey in true roaster fashion abroad

1 Like

Enjoy pal

1 Like

Where are you staying down there?

He got a sea view at the FĆ©lix Pyatā€¦

Campsite near a place called Carry Le Rouet. Not actually camping obviously. A chalet kind of a thing. About 30 mins drive from Marseille airport and about the same again to Martiques.

2 Likes

Lovely part of the world. Avignon well worth a visit if you are doing day trips.

1 Like

The only problem with France are the French

1 Like

Was down that way myself a few weeks ago. Stayed in Grasse.

The French are the finest.

They just donā€™t respond well to fellas in gah jerseys roaring at them slowly in English to know where can they find le chipshop

8 Likes