Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Around 2 hours away in Granada. But @Bollickybill has it summed up there. Malaga ain’t the prettiest but has it’s charm.

1 Like

Hire a car for a day and head up to Ronda, about an hour and a bits drive. You won’t regret it. Stay a night up there if you can

Or get a bus up for a day if you can either

See if you can get down to nerja about 40 minutes on a bus. A beatiful place.

Go to Krakow lads. Was in town tonight and while minding my own business waiting for an Uber ended up talking to a few Carkies. They think it’s great.

2 Likes

Theres a beautiful cathedral there with some amazing art on the walls.

In comparison the Picazzo museum contains a load of auld scribbles he did to get free meals or whatever at the end of his career and only a handful of anything remotely interesting.

Also theres a massove moorish fort which is worth a visit

Sports bar in Cancun to watch the Mexico Argies game?

Florence lads… Looking at a 3 night stay. I suppose Dublin to Pisa is the obvious flight?

1 Like

Absolutely cracking spot. Add a few holes to the belt or invest in elasticated pants. Stunning and some grubbing.

Train system fantastic so any airport in general area that suits budget and timelines and you be grand

1 Like

Go for it. Off season if you can. Utterly mobbed in summer. Buy advance tickets for the Uffizi and the Duomo if you can.

3 Likes

Was there one year in early December. ‘‘Twas great.

2 Likes

Some Craic in Centre Parcs over the Christmas with a certain large group of families with English reg cars if the stories are to be believed.

Pisa is closer but we flew out of Bologna when we were in Florence in the summer. Motorway most of the way so handy drive. If you happen to be be going around the first weekend of a month a lot of the museums in Florence, including the Uffizi, are free entry on the first Sunday of the month. We only had 1 full day when we there but it was 40 degrees so didnt do too much. Would definitely go back to it.

Good things to do with kids in London lads? An 11 year old girl and 8 year old boy. The 8 year old will be moaning about walking places. Fun shit to fill a couple of days. @binkybarnes were you in london with a scatter ofbkids recently? Someone posted about it. Also somewhere decent to stay that wont break the bank. Ta.

Take them to a show

Check out airbnb

Madame Tussauds anyway, only around the corner from baker st station. Around baker st then you’ve the sherlock museum, the music museum and regents park. All within a 5-10 minute stroll of the underground

1 Like

The Harry Potter place out near Watford. You can get a bus there from Paddington.

2 Likes

London Eye and London Aquarium. Very close to each other. Book the London eye in advance. Science museum and natural history museum also very close to each other. Visit Hamleys. Visit British Museum. There’s a lovely Pizza Express very close by. Go to Chinatown.

4 Likes

We stayed in The Millennium Gloucester beside gloucster rd Tube Station. Nice hotel and location. Walking distance from Science, natural history and prince albert museum. All these are free and 11 and 8 year olds will find them somewhat interesting.

We did a red bus tour with tickets included for some of the attractions. Madame tussaud’s was the favorite and hugely surpassed my expectations. The tour of the dungeons in the Tower of london also went down well.

As mentioned above Have a good look at pre booking all attractions as they are eye wateringly expensive. I think the London Pass type yokes might be the most cost effective.

Its a smashing city and we all loved it but grease up your hoop because cost wise you will be rode mercilessly for the weekend.

4 Likes

I’d second that, was there last year and very enjoyable. Like any of those places deep pockets are necessary. Also stay away from the ‘butter beer’ unless you want the kids high as kites, it must be 90% sugar and tastes horrible.

1 Like