Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Just two days, you’re close enough to legoland really and that’s the best attraction for that age group
AirBnB for accommodation, you’ll get a decent place a bit outside centre but on a tube line for a decent price

If you want to go to Harry Potter world book ASAP, it’s booked out months in advance

1 Like

It’s excellent. It’s booked up constantly but don’t let that dissuade anyone. Keep checking the site, spaces become available daily @Juhniallio. Very easy get to on the bus. Well worth it if they have any modicum of interest

1 Like

Ta lads, great advice from all. Santa brought tickets for the harry potter place so thats one of our days.

2 Likes

Any advice for Madeira lads?

Lovely with a cup of tea

23 Likes

Would you put butter on it, I love a cake that will take a lashing of butter

I recall reading plenty of advice/recommendations for camp site/chalet type holiday options on the continent before but has anyone any recommendations for an all inclusive hotel options that would be suitable for 4 and 2 year olds?

Places that have swimming pools & slides (and close to/part of water park) and then the usual kids’ club set up with play areas and activities.

Looking to make first holiday abroad with the lads as straightforward as we can; hence looking at all inclusive route where was can pretty much have everything we need in the hotel complex and we can explore further then on our terms.

I’ve seen some mentions of tuiholidays, Martinhal resorts and someone recommended Kinder Hotel resorts in Germany to me yesterday. Would be going around May time for only a week and nice weather would be preferable. I’m guessing Spain, Portugal might be safer bet on that score than France, Germany at that time.

Any (helpful) advice welcome.

I’ve gone to Spain in early May with kids when they were young and it was cold enough for pool.

Canaries probably a better option that time of year.

Price up Princess Yaiza for end of April. It’s bonkers money in summer but you might get a deal for April

2 Likes

+1 would be ideal

H10 hotels in Lanzarote are good for that sort of thing.
Protur Safari in Mallorca too but might be bit nippy in pool. We went in September before but it was fine.

1 Like

Not sure if its too late but the Sky Gardens are worth a visit. Big observation deck skyscraper looking across the river at the shard and great views of the city. Free entry but you need to book well in advance. Any of the premier inn hotels are good value; basic but clean and a good powerful shower. We stayed in Southwark which is a 10 minute walk from Waterloo station, and a 2 minute walk from Southwark tube. Can be a bit pricey due to the central location.

We spent a night in Putney Bridge premier inn as well. Looks like something from communist USSR from the outside, but the rooms are absolutely fine and its always good value. 2 minute walk to the tube station and once you’re into the system you can go anywhere. The kids will love working out the tube system, which line you need to be on and how to get to a station on that line. Use you debit card to tap at the barriers on each tube trip, maxs out at around £9 per day and you don’t get charged after that.

1 Like

I booked this anyway lads.

Salou, port Aventura theme park. Great pools in hotel, also attached to theme park. Nightly shows for kids.

Grub a bit hit and miss as is standard for all inclusive catered to young families

1 Like

Gran Castillo, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.

I was a bit snobby first about d’canaries but this came advised from a “well to do” my wife works with.

All inclusive. Actually brilliant when you’ve toddlers. Alcohol included too. We ate out the odd night to break it up.

• Perfect kids pool and slides x 3
  • Kids clubs
  • Mini discos at night etc
  • Adults only areas (for when kids are in club)
  • A little outside Playa Blanca but plenty of shops outside hotel.
  • Scenery around much better than i expected.
  • We rented bikes from guy outside hotel. Had the kids carrier wagon thing. Beautiful greenway type cycle along cliffs all the way into Playa Blanca town.
  • Main beach at Playa Blanca centre is perfect for toddlers. Really calm water and sheltered from any wind.
  • Cheap car rental (if you book well in advance)

We have booked again for 10 nights mid May with our 5 and 3 year old. See you there

9 Likes

Playa Blanca is lovely. Myself and the Mrs went there a good few years back. Stayed in a lovely hotel but no kids were allowed in it which suited us at the time.

We’ve booked one of those campsites around Lake Garda for late June/ early July. It’ll be little wan’s first trip abroad. We haven’t told her that there’s a bit of a Peppa Pig place at the Gardaland place. She will lose her shit when she sees it.

4 Likes

Unreal. That seems exactly what we’re looking for. Provided of course the kids’ club take children as young as 2.5.

Now which airport & airline do you use? And is the airport close to the hotel? Connection or taxi job?

Thank you and thanks all.

@Phil_Leotardo if you can arrange for someone to drop and pick @bandage up from the airport too, that would be great.

3 Likes

We used to go to a place in Crete. Will send you the details

1 Like

Madeira is great. Will you take me with you?
I’ve never been so can’t add much to a google search. It’s a garden paradise, so that’s the main attraction touring the gardens. A bit pricy by all accounts. You can get the lads to pull you down the hill on a board. Forget what it’s called.

I’ve looked it up more times but recent years it was always a transfer in England. Perhaps it’s direct now???

It’s just called a Wooden Toboggan. Get the cable car up and bomb it down in one of these.

It doesn’t get much more exciting than this…

1 Like