Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

5 weeks Saturday for me being having your children in college/gainful employment and still in your 40s is bliss our work is done

6 Likes

Enjoy👍

Think it was @tallback - thought they closed it to clear out the all dayers and to have a break in midday heat.

I was in Bella italia thanks to savage review from @Juhniallio - it ticks plenty of boxes but not outrageously luxurious. We’re doing one more year this summer to do more lake stuff we missed last year but change of venue next year

2 Likes

Sanguli. Next door. We had one (or maybe two) random shitters when we were there although there are loads of pools so it wasn’t a big jobbie to work around !

They did close pools for an hour at lunchtime which does work well to stop lads taking sunbeds all day.

2 Likes

We were there last year. Booked again this year with 4 families going. They closed the pool for an hour or two in the middle of the day which wasn’t really a problem.

Hardly got the cambrils at that short notice.
I also doubt @Bandage would stay in a chalet/mobile home jobby where he will have to feed his own kids 3 X a day

3 Likes

Was there in July, they would shut between 2 and 3pm. It was to do with Staff rosters apparently as oppose to any cleaning regime.
I actually found it useful as rather than having to beg the kids to leave the pool to head off and get some lunch it broke the day nicely.

Cc @mac

1 Like

Looking at Porto for a week in September as the flights are very reasonable from Shannon.

Would it be any good for a family holiday as kids are probably too young for activities or kids clubs that a campsite or resort would provide?

Do it mate. Swims at High Rock, beach days on the velvet strand followed by a stop at sweet carolines for the ice creams. Pints in the local swimming pool bar. I can show you @Funtime’s new 5k run route (4.12k)

Fingal, We’ve got it all.

9 Likes

Reidy could give a few good recommendations

Seattle and, more specifically, Olympic and Mount Rainer National Parks

6:10 :airplane: in the morning to Lanzarote for myself and Mrs Bod, will be having an overpriced :beer: around 4:30ish in T2

16 Likes

Have a good trip. Have ye the clubs packed?

1 Like

No, will be walking, :man_swimming:, :beers: and :dart:

3 Likes

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

2 Likes

Four Limerick tops packed

3 Likes

Sure what more does the man need?

Close, 2 half zips and a jersey

1 Like