Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Iā€™d say itā€™s the kind of place you could smoke away in, if thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for out of a trip abroad

Iā€™d say Wales is a gas spot.

Ivan Yates tells some great stories of going over to Swansea or some other kip there for a year by himself bankrupt, and spending his days watching the racing in pubs drinking pints for Ā£2.30 .

Whether it was by accident or by design but whoever had the vision to develop the western seaboard in Ireland has done his country some service.

Wales In comparison has as beautiful scenery but there is nobody around. The poverty in the country is surprising and sad. You see it know with the pro rugby.

We donā€™t realise how lucky we are in Ireland.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to get a boat over to Holyhead some July/August and drive down along the South of England Coast towards Devon/Cornwall. I believe its absolutely amazing.

A friend of mine was in St. Iveā€™s last summer and said it was like sunny Spain on steroids. Proper heat and a great old atmosphere.

Torqauy and these places are meant to be unreal during the summer. Go along then towards Brighton to see Evan Ferguson light up some pre-season game.

Ferocious drive from Holyhead to Cornwall. Youā€™re looking at a 10 hour spin. Better off flying to Newquay and hiring a car there. Cornwall is stunning, but itā€™s some dose trying to find parking there.

4 Likes

As others have mentioned, Anglesey and the Snowdon National Park area are very nice, probably a little bit underappreciated given how close they are to us here. Thereā€™s a gorgeous beach with a lighthouse on a peninsula in the south east corner of the island whose name escapes me now. Snowdon mountain has a variety of routes to cater for everyone from experienced hikers to people heading up in the train wearing slippers. All fairly reachable in an hour or so drive from Holyhead.

1 Like

No

1 Like

I just messaged my friend after telling this story:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/anglesey-pub-dublin-packet-police-14040512.amp

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/chance-discovery-welsh-pub-brought-15915317.amp

Iā€™m absolutely stunned here

Youā€™re a great judge of character :grinning:

Iā€™d say sizing John won the gold cup in 2017. Thatā€™s the place Iā€™d say. It was a bar and a hotel.

Christ Iā€™m in shock.

That is the jib of the brother who was drinking with me

Weā€™ve done that a couple of times, itā€™s a serious drive but Bristol is a great place to spend a night or another time we stayed over in Somerset, Bridgwater. Somerset is class as well.
Cornwall, Devon and Dorset are sone of my favorite places on earth, you wonā€™t regret it

Actually, scrap some of that, it was Pembroke we went from, Iā€™ve never been to Holyhead (I think)

On reflection, I might take my chances walking along the roads of the Isle of Man while the TT is on.

1 Like

Bath is a beautiful city to visit if youā€™re in that part of England. Have been to Bristol but canā€™t say that I was impressed with the bit that I saw; it was a brief visit so maybe I didnā€™t see enough to pass judgement.

1 Like

By God.

You wouldnt know what to believe anymore.

A must do a bit of digging later on and see if I can find out what happened his brother

Has anyone ever been to a holiday park in Wales or within easy access of the ferry? One that would have activities for kids and lodges or the likes to rent? Wouldnt mind it being slightly rough but obviously not outrageously bad. Iā€™ve been in Blackpool and actually didnā€™t mind it so Iā€™m that kind of guy