Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Have a look at Bob W for London trip accommodation

That looks good Dan, should asked you a month ago when we were booking

1 Like

Yeah not a million miles from the place you posted. There is a sandaya right next to it. Massive network of cycle paths from the front of camp down to loads of local towns and beaches. V few Irish there which was grand. Best campsite we have been at by a distance

We had one week in a yelloh and one in a sandaya last summer
Top class in fairness

2 Likes

I stayed in one of these near Hyde Park in October when travelling for work. Nice idea but basic stuff like TV and Wifi didnā€™t work. Checked in at 7pm so noone around to try and fix it. Wifi was through a dongle plugged into wall and TV needed working wifi to work. Ran a hotspot off my phone which was grand for work stuff but TV still wouldnā€™t work.

1 Like

Where did ye go?

It was around Clohars in Brittany and Granville in Normandy
We were pure haunted with the weather, got the best two weeks of the summer

Itā€™s a lovely area, wouldā€™ve been my preference to go west coast again this year but we went with the med instead

Ye were blessed, Iā€™m always concerned about booking up there in case the weather is shite, even though the campsites look great and are better value

Havenā€™t stayed in one but was suggested to me. That sounds a bit lemonade stand stuff.

The price of hotels in London is hilariously high.

1 Like

Youā€™d get a good Air BnB up Holloway Road for 100 pounds a night.

Yeah it was basic. The sheets on the bed were a bit stained too and you could see dust in places that hadnā€™t been cleaned in a while. At the risk of sounding like Goldilocks though thereā€™s a lot of good ideas to it. Access is all done through an app / mobile site and thereā€™s no in-person check-in.

Rooms kitted out with some nice stuff and it had a novelty Atari console that you could play early 1990s games on. Twas only when Iā€™d checked out though that I realised if I lost my phone or if it broke then I was completely goosed as it was my only way of accessing the room.

London hotels are extortionate for what you get. Little shoe boxes charging close to 400 notes a night if not higher. Stayed in the Point A in Shoreditch back in late '22 for a London NFL game. 2 of us on the beer for the weekend. Double room with 2 single beds, a bathroom you nearly had to reverse out of to change direction as you couldnā€™t turn in it. Both beds almost against walls on either side of the room and the bare minimum space between them to throw cases / bags / clothes. Nice and modern but it was barely big enough to be a single room in any other city!

1 Like

Got a grand roomy twin room in Citadines beside Barbican for Ā£200 on a Saturday night in early October. Handy for everywhere.

1 Like

Looks unreal never thought of going down thereā€¦I have always driven so too far I spose

Went to Sandaya La DragonniĆØre last year which is just outside BĆ©ziers. I didnā€™t think I would enjoy a campsite holiday at all but thoroughly enjoyed it. We flew into Carcassonne and rented a car but I believe you can now fly to BĆ©ziers airport (which is literally across the road from the campsite) from Shannon. Rental car allowed for a few trips around the HĆ©rault region. A place I knew nothing about beforehand but plenty to see.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had this spot recommended to us by a travel agent with the flight from Shannon to Beziers.

Youā€™d be giving it the thumbs up?

1 Like

I had a burger from a little shack on the side of the bridge on the new town side, it must have been more than a decade ago. I still think about it.

Croatia is unreal. I hear itā€™s destroyed with tourists these days.

Montenegro is the place to go now Iā€™m told

1 Like

Gorgeous little place. Very cheap compared to Split and Dubrovnik too. That sea organ is gas

1 Like

Itā€™s an odd enough place. The old town on the island is a museum really.

You got mugged off mate

1 Like