Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Dubrovnik is outrageously expensive

Hugely. At least I didn’t foot the bill. And I found a lovely Persian restaurant around the corner with some lovely Persian waitresses

I really enjoyed it anyways, plenty of pools and other diversions on site, nice layout to the place, hardly any Irish or English there at all I found, but maybe that’ll change with the direct flight. It’s close to the Canal du Midi along which you can cycle all the way into BĂ©ziers. The one thing I’ll say is because we flew to Carcassonne I had a car, which was handy for going to the supermarchĂ©, as well as a few day trips - while there is a supermarket on site, it’s limited and a bit expensive. It is out in the country so you won’t be within walking distance of somewhere proper to stock up. Give me a shout if you want to know any specifics.

Oh and make sure you have proper skimpy swimming togs because a pair of O’Neill’s shorts with a bit of muck on them simply won’t cut it with the French pool police.

1 Like

Gorgeous spot though. A bucket list city.

3 Likes

The French are swimming tog Nazis

1 Like

Jaysus it’s fairly pricey

Were you impressed with the food? I wasnt particularly tbh

Same in all camps

Separates the men from the boys in fairness

I had a pair of what you might call board shorts, I got away with the first day but by God my card was marked for day 2. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t eat there. Was on a day excursion from a cruise. Had a couple of nice pints though

2 Likes

Sigh. Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

lads,

heading to the big apple in april or may with the famiy in tow. whats the best boroughs to stay in, and what is there to keep the attention my little honor ocarroll kelly?

I might be in Ruislip that Sunday too. Thinking of travelling down for it.

1 Like

I’d expect the red carpet to be rolled out by the natives for when Tipperary come to town.

There’s so much to do for free in NYC, so keep that in mind. Strand bookstore “40 miles of books” etc. I dunno, I suppose a lot of folk go for the “shopppingggggg”, e.g buy a Ralph Lauren polo shirt for half the price of Ireland and then tell all the lads at the bar about it when they get back. If you’re going to go clothes shopping in NYC, you’re better off coming back with something you can’t get in Ireland, kitted out like Denis Rodman etc.
I was there for 10 days, and don’t think I set foot in any clothes shop bar the GAP for a tshirt or two for 2 bucks a pop, though all the American sports caps and tshirts etc are always really nice looking.

1 Like

Heading to a place called 3Hb Clube humbria in Portugal in May. Any of ye been?

It sounds like a wifi password

15 Likes

The transit museum in Brooklyn is brilliant. Best view of the skyline from over there.

Times Square. Toys shops. M&M shop. Is she info American girl doll

Top of the Rock for view

Central Park.

Pizza slices

Pancakes for breakfast

1 Like

You can’t do that anymore. Scottie’s has closed down.

American food is crap

2 Likes