1 Like

who would have thought the worlds biggest tv programme was set in Darra

1 Like

Great show. The young lad playing Eli Bell gives a tour de france

1 Like

its a real whos who of Australian TV actors

Some spot I’d say

1 Like

Considering how close it is to us, Scotland is a spot that is hugely under appreciated by the Irish.

1 Like

I’d love that sort of country side. It would really appeal to me.

I guess it isn’t serviced great by transport wise so puts people off.

I think people take the view that it’s just the Scottish version of the west coast of Ireland but there is no comparison. I’ve a couple of days hiking ahead of me up near Skye next week, that should get the lungs well cleaned.

3 Likes

Enjoy.

I was only ever in Glasgow, Edinburgh and dundee.

Ya as you say it isn’t comparable to anywhere in Ireland. it’s far more wild and also the extremes of weather you don’t really get in Ireland. The isolation must be unreal.

1 Like

Better Mountains too, savage hiking in the Highlands

3 Likes

Have you been up there much?

Are the midges lethal up there?

Some people I know ran a multi day ultra up around Cape Wrath. You’d see the footage of people with full gear on protecting themselves from the midges in the morning. The countryside looked stunning in fairness.

That’s on my bucket list. The first holiday we do abroad as a family when the kids are older is Scotland. Two to three nights in Edinburgh and then 4-5 nights travelling up and down the highlands on trains stopping at the odd distillery.

6 Likes

Is there any train route you can throw up? I love travelling by train.

1 Like

My favourite mode of transportation.

I done a nice bit of rail travel in Italy. It’s some service.

2 Likes

I’ve done a few train trips in Italy alright and some around different parts of Europe when I was younger.

My favourite train trip was one I took through the Rockies in Canada. I also really liked one from Portland up to Seattle along the PNW.

3 Likes

Loads of train routes up the Highlands. Some of the train stations are miles from any sort of occupied dwelling. Steam train from Fort William to Mallaig over Glenfinnan viaduct is a grand journey. Sleeper trains up there as well, just don’t be in any urgency.

2 Likes

Yeah a good bit, I got the Caledonian Sleeper train one year from Euston to Inverness, a great way to travel

2 Likes