Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

If you stroll up to St Peters around 5pm there isnā€™t much of a queue. Big queues in the morning alright.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the best city in the world.

4 Likes

Great advice, we went up there at that time. Straight in, even got mass and a bit of the body of Christ himself.

4 Likes

That last trip to the doghouse has cost big

3 Likes

Their gas men in the Catholic Church all the same. Relaxed enough about paedophilia but zero tolerance on wearing shorts in the big chapel.

3 Likes

I owe you a big one after your reccys from that other Latin hotspot Bella Italia so will come back later.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy recommended the Italian Calcio museum to me and I was not disappointed

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lovely pasta place near the main square.

cc @Juhniallio.

12 Likes

Heā€™s well travelled that ladā€¦

The Church of San Luigi is just off Piazza Navona and has a few Carravagios hanging inside. You can pretty much just walk in. Definitely worth a look.

1 Like

The Pantheon is a must see. Think itā€™s a fiver in now.

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like Costelloes in the glory days

1 Like

A lot of greats walked through the doors of both

I did that. Great. Staying near Piazza Navona is a great place to stay. Sitting in Piazza Navona chugging an Aperol Spritz and watching the world go by is one of lifeā€™s pleasures.

6 Likes

You need to book in advance.

1 Like

Restaurant Alla Rampa near the Spanish Steps is a reliable spot (suitable for a family Iā€™d say).

2 Likes

I was there, off peak, about 10 years ago and it was close to our hotel. Pretty sure at that time you could just ramble in and out.

Access to the Pantheon requires an entrance ticket, which the Chapter of Santa Maria ad Martyres provides for you at no extra cost, included in the audio guide service.

Meeting point for ticket retrieval: at the Welcome Desk of the Basilica of San Lorenzo in Lucina, located to the right in the portico of the Basilica in Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina, 6, Rome

2 Likes

I have rambled in and out twice while passing by. It is an amazing building.

2 Likes

Make sure you go down to Trastevere for food one evening. Unbelievable and half the price of central tourist spots.