Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Have you been down the slide much?

2 Likes

I wouldnt recommend it. Trust me.

Great stuff.
Was in Playa Blanca in May. Stayed in the Iberostar on the other side. Great spot also.
Went back to Laniā€™s restaurant again. Worth checking out if you want to evening away from hotel.

2 Likes

In Playa Blanca?

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g652121-d1750607-Reviews-Lani_s_Snack_Bar-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html

2 Likes

A great spot and cheap too

If any of you men are doing the Rosslare to Cherbourg route over the next month or two, it would appear Stena are putting on a few bands.

Thereā€™s a Laniā€™s in PDC too and cheap is the opposite of what it is. Very high end. They appear very unrelated.

Weā€™ve just put a day down in Rancho Texas. Animals and shows all morning. Water Park for the afternoon. Iā€™m ready for bed

2 Likes

Has anyone been to Alton Towers and is it any good? What other similar theme parks are there in the UK? Trip Advisor rates Alton Towers the best but what alternatives are there? Thanks!

Thorpe park last year, the rides are very good but they let way too many people in,

1 Like

Tayto park is top class now with the new coasters, and queues are grand

Weā€™ve been up there before. But I would like to have a cut off the new coasters too. Plus we wouldnā€™t have to go over the water.

Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Blackpool are the only 3 I know of. AT is the most impressive but Blackpool when the sun shines is a grand handy day out - all 3 have some ā€˜rough around the edgesā€™ patrons.

1 Like

Ah Emerald Park has that too - all the Oā€™Neills/McEevr clad Nordies with shorts up their holesā€¦

I remember going to a place called Oakwood in Wales when we were younger. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s not in the same league as the ones you mentioned.

Oakwood was a great place to go to back in the day ā€¦ my kids have great memories of itā€¦
thereā€™s also an activity park not too far from it called heatherton parkā€¦ Iā€™d highly recommend it
https://www.heatherton.co.uk/

1 Like

Was something I was going to do with Ben & Jerry. Works out that the dates donā€™t line up. Iā€™d say a match when theyā€™re on half term is the way to go.

Came across this hat shop in Innsbruck and thought of you @Fagan_ODowd .

2 Likes

I got a cap in the Viennese branch some time ago.

1 Like

Any recommendations for a good quality cabin bag? No idea of what is a good brand these days or how good the quality is now on cabin bags.
I have a one4all voucher so bonus if it can be used in a shop to buy the case.
I had a look in tk maxx the other day but never heard of the brands they had. Maybe they were good. I really donā€™t know.