Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Weather is the only thing that would but me off returning. Had to leave the beach yesterday coz of the wind.

44 today :fearful:

Happy birthday, mate.

1 Like

Tuscany from our apt

15 Likes

Where’s that. It looks beautiful

Drove from Rome to Florence recently enough, there’s some absolutely amazing spots along the way

In Cattolica, just south of Rimini, the beaches are fucking mobbed. Is San Marino worth a visit? Only 20 odd miles away.

San Gimigio no?

I drove 30 mIles of that yesterday in to see florence. I will drive 100+ on saturday heading south from here (san gim). There is no point in rushing it, take your time and enjoy the views.

This is the view from the other side of our apartment. Italy is great.

7 Likes

Many scooters?

That’s beautiful. Where are you?

Got a tip to park at a small town 4 miles out and catch the local bus in. We parked for free down a side road, never figured out the ticketing system for the bus so ended up traveling for free both in and out.
We had not pre-booked for the big museums. We walked the city, saw the sights, visited every free show we could find (statues on front of uffizi are a real who’s who), and to cap it off ate and drank at a nominally irish bar at the side of the baptistry ( the cathedral is a bit mental in tone viewed against the rest of the place)

@Fagan_ODowd we are staying in a short walk from the town walls of san gimignano.
Going south to stay near a small town called manciano for 4 days which will have us in driving distance of the coast and finishing off with 3 days in Rome, staying on the edge of trastevere near the Vatican.

6 Likes

Guys

The cruise off the coast of queensland is going very well. Im posting from the sea near Port Douglas.

Cant stay for long, its “the great Gatsby night” on the cruise and the ball is about to begin

6 Likes

I hope the ship sinks you prick.

4 Likes

:eek:

What’s up your ass?

1 Like

Who is he again, the lad who used to post up the DAX updates?

No, that’s the @Directoroffootball - your man above is @padjo.

Does that mean the Aussies get to wear shoes?

Have a good one buddy. Although I hope you enjoy your holiday and time spent with your family the sooner you’re back posting more frequently the better.

1 Like

Anyone ever done a few days in Sligo?

1 Like