Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Yes, steer clear. Full of orange cunts.

Iā€™ve been given artistic license by my life partner to organise our summer vacation.

Would ā€˜put downā€™ be a better turn of phrase here?

Are you stuck on a Home Holiday or is the Continent an option?

Would you not just get her an all for one voucher and let her spend it on a holiday then if she wants.

Weā€™ll holiday at home, no appetite to go abroad this summer. Sheā€™s been abroad three times this year already (twice with me) while Iā€™ve done two trips abroad. A few nights away in Oireland will do between now and when summer ends.

1 Like

Sligo is savage. Iā€™d advise the following, climb knocknarea and get a surfing lesson in Strandhill or just buy some ice creams and watch the surfers. Get her to do a seaweed bath in Strandhill (she will love you forever. Visit glencar waterfall. Lisa dell house is meant to be nice too but Iā€™ve never been. Thereā€™s horse riding in the sea and also basking shark watching if the time of year is right.
This fella will know.

I go out to a little island in the bay called Coney which is tidal. She may get a buzz driving over the sand to it when the tide is out. Thereā€™s a lovely beach over the far side and a tiny pub but nothing else. Depends if youā€™re into that.

4 Likes

Yes I am, very much so. Nice reply thanks.

:open_mouth:

How long are you with this wan now? Is this yer one off tinder? ā€œLife partnerā€ status already? :grinning:

Eighteen months or thereabouts. I met her in REAL LIFE ironically enough despite me being on tinder during that time. How long does the courtship have to have ran for the partner to be acceptably referred to as a ā€œlife partnerā€?

1 Like

You need to be in a position whereby getting engaged is the next logical step

Excellent stuff mate. Iā€™d say you need to have decided for whatever reason youā€™re not getting married -probably due to some sort of strong feminist outlook- but that you will spend the rest of your life together. Previously if you used partner I would have presumed you were gay but they are all getting married now too. Maybe you have decided that, pretty soon after 18 months in my opinion but any port in a storm and all that I suppose.

If he was quare you wouldnā€™t pontificate in his direction like that your utter fucking creep.

4 Likes

If you get the weather, theres nowhere better mate.

If youā€™re prepared to go as far as Sligo Iā€™d carry on for Donegal, in saying that Sligo isnā€™t a bad town at all, some lively pubs and good places to eat.

I was looking at Donegal alright but only have three nights to go away for and its 5-6hrs drive. Donā€™t know if I could face into that drive on the return leg.

Accommodation probably expensive (but you might pick up a decent Air BnB) but you wouldnā€™t put down a few days in Ireland much better than going to Dublin if you have never gone there and done all the touristy stuff. Beaches, good pubs and resteraunts, plenty options for a show or a spa if you wanted to placate the missus etc.

The cost is the only real negative. But everywhere is dear this time of the year

Pitigliano. We moved yesterday and went there to eat last night. An amazing place with a super saturday might atmosphere as so many Italians were out for the night.
Put it on your list if you are ever in lower tuscany/ grosseto area

4 Likes

Heading to Ibiza in 3 weeks. Just doing 3 nights there with Mrs TUM. First time there.

Staying in playa den bossa. Will hit Hi Ibiza first night. Any good bars/lounges/beach clubs around there or Ibiza town. Going to do cafe mambo for sunset last night

Any recommendations welcome

1 Like