Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Should be grand. Weather will be ok. Good hotels there.

1 Like

Hostels or apartments they seem cheap enough?

Apartments is what we did and would be my preference for weekends away. But if there’s 6 of ye on the beer, you normally only get 1 key so that would be a pain in the hole. You’d probably get a twin room in an Ibis or something like that for €50 a night which would be the job for ye I’d say.

1 Like

Thanks Horsebox.

It would hardly make sense to stay anywhere else

Keep me abreast of your plans here buddy. I may rob your idea and pass it off as my own in time. Its easier than crediting it to ‘my mate off the internet’.

Anywhere is better than tipp.

1 Like

Is the expert, not was.

Do I have to pay for your knowledge?

Budapest is way better than Prague, pal.

1 Like

Well that is a start. Nightlife is meant to be sensational?

Early December worth it there or mobbed with Xmas markets?

Could be nice.

https://www.pragueexperience.com/events/christmas-opening-times.asp

There’s a magnificent little bar/club, that opens out on to a quiet part of the Danube in the middle of the city. This was about 8 or 9 years ago, so not sure of the current status, try the Google. But I was fingerin young French wans the whole night there. Like a big fuck off orgy with not a word of English spoken. Powerful it was.

Anyone ever flown into Charleroi and if so how easy is it and how long does it take to get from the airport to the centre of Brussels?

I did.
I can’t remember anything about it.

Train station is a small bit away from airport if I remember correctly. Trains running to Brussels regularly, takes about 45 mins I think. Brussels is shite…Antwerp is the spot, pal.

1 Like

Give me somewhere that between flights and transfers is less than 2 hours from Dublin and perfect for a weekend break in early December with my good lady please mate. Prague is too far and flight times not great.

Berlin.

2 Likes

Forget flights, Lahinch is where it’s at in December.

1 Like