Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Yes, I was there when @Rocko went through the shopping centre window before we headed onto Poland for Euro 2012. I havenā€™t seen much of the rest of the country though. Any particular towns youā€™d recommend?

I mentioned this before, but if I ever pass my driving test then Iā€™d love to go over to England on the car ferry and tour around for a week. Just checking out all these quaint villages in middle England and drinking afternoon tea and pints of bitter in the evenings. Seeing the red post boxes and walking along beautifully manicured gardens. This England is meant to be a great place.

Yeah Iā€™d like to do a few nights around Cornwall myself at some stage.

That is a good idea. Ferry to Liverpool, a few days in the cotswolds and down through bath to devon/Cornwall, home by rosslare.

Or in reverse

Looking at DUB->KEF, KEF->CPH, CPH->DUB. 5 days in Reykjavik and 3 days in Copenhagen and back to Dublin before the start of the Leinster hurling round robin.

Go to Norway for a week, particularly if you have no real use for money. Bergen is lovely when itā€™s dry.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be bored out of your skull in rejkavik for five days.

4 days?

3 Iā€™d say.

Right, home in September with some stop offs on the way back. Meself, Mrs Fitzy and 15 year old Fitzy jnr.
So can I ask for suggestions for the following please chaps, relatively inexpensive, but comfortable:
Hotel for a couple of nights in Derry as we wish to educate our son on the years of oppression forced on our brothers and sisters in republicanism
Hotel for a couple of nights in Dublin, our nations capital. Walking distance to city, not in any skangar like places
Hotel for a couple of nights in London (god knows why weā€™re visiting this hole of a place, but there you go) fairly close to the city centre, such that it is
Hotel for a couple of nights in Paris

No time wasters please. I look forward to seeing you all in the 51.

Take him home you fucking spanner. Thereā€™s a flood of history in Wexford without adopting Derryā€™s injustices as your own.

Heā€™ll be walking up Vinegar Hill for the third time in his life you horrible little oik.

Is there nowhere in Carlow you could bring him, scallion-eater?

Whats your fucking problem? If youhave nothing to contribute fuck off you horrible little Cork wanker.

Ah come on now

One day heā€™ll be giving it large about the RA in Derry, the next heā€™ll be squealing outside Buckingham Palace with his camera hoping for a glimpse of his Soverign.

3 Likes

So two time wasters so far.

Does it have to be hotels @fitzy? Would you not book an apartment or AirBNB for Dublin and London?

1 Like

I stayed in a place in Derry called ā€œDa Vinciā€™sā€ about six years ago. I think it was called the Ramada when I was there. Might have been done up since. They had pictures of Barca players in the lobby, they must have played a friendly up there sometime. It is about one km from the city centre. 15 Culmore Road, Derry.

I stayed at the Novotel at Lambeth Bridge last year. Walkable from the tourist sites and close to the Imperial War Museum. As @Mac says, you can also consider airbnb.

Woukd be happy to alright Mac.