Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

On that, can two people use GAAGO on the same login at the same time?

@Turenne, you should treat your good lady to that Irish Orient Express. A night sleeping in Charleville station is something you can guarantee you’ll only ever do once in your life

4 Likes

My advice would be don’t get into a situation where you’ve to chose between Venice and Verona

I’ve 3 nights to play around with…

I’ve never been to Verona but Venice is a must see. Do the 2 nights there and you’d see pretty much all the main stuff.

1 Like

You’re right…day trip into Verona from lake garda only takes 25 mins by train, we are there for 6 nights so In for a day/ evening and last train home at 11pm. 3 nights in Venice then to finish trip.

1 Like

Verona.

I think you can.

Venice is too crowded. A day is enough.

Great news.

Definitely couldn’t last year

Shite

Verona is a great little spot but I’d say spend the one night there, it’s a nice compact city and you should do most of it in a day. Take a walk along the banks of the river adige taking in Museo di castelvecchio, See if there is something on in the arena (outdoor amphitheater), sit and have a drink on piazza erbe, check out casa di giulietta, get a pizza in Peperino.

1 Like

I doubt the fiddlers elbow will be showing GGA but they have great selection of beers. Florence has too much to offer to be wasting it watch GGA though

2 Likes

Hire a car and tip over to Sienna. A beautiful little town and the drive has some lovely scenery.

1 Like

+1. Sienna is a smashing town
We based ourselves in a lovely villa/hotel in rural Tuscany and just did day trips to Florence and Sienna. Drove to Sienna but actually took the train to Florence (think it wasn’t much more than an hour) cos we were told driving and parking round Florence would be too much hassle.
We also spent a night in Pisa, but that was more because our flight arrived in at 10pm or something like that

See if there’s wifi where the reception is being held and sign up to GAAGO and watch it on the phone. It’s as good as you’re gonna get.

@Copper_pipe - can you use IPTV on your phone?

Siena

+1

Agreed.