Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Yeah you can. Not sure what app for Android though. Iā€™m sure the supplier will provide the info if you ask kindly

Guys, Iā€™m looking for recommendations for a ā€˜short noticeā€™ midweek break in a nice hotel somewhere in Ireland. Donā€™t want to spend too long in the car so canā€™t stray too far from Dublin. Ideally the hotel would be on the coast but Iā€™m struggling to find a suitable one. The current leading contender is Powerscourt Hotel but thatā€™s not on the coast and is only 30 mins from home so doesnā€™t feel like a break. Others contenders are Cliff House (seems a little bit too far), Adare Manor (again seems a little bit too far and not on the coast) and Seafield (Iā€™ve visited but never stayed there - is it any good?). Is there anything on the coast up towards the north?

There seems to be a real dearth of high quality hotels on the east coast.

The Slieve Donard in Newcastle?

1 Like

Thanks - could be a runner.

You going with the baby or without it?

Druids Glen is always good. Four Seasons in Carlingford is an average hotel but gorgeous location if you go midweek. Ballymcscanlon is also nice. Not flashy but decent.

Itā€™s a gorgeous location midweek?

Huh?

1 Like

The Cliff House is worth the extra few minutes in the car, Iā€™d say thereā€™s nowhere better in this weather

2 Likes

Stag /hen mecca

With a new born?

1 Like

Verona much nicer than Venice. 1 day is enough in Venice. Biggest tourist trap in Europe

2 Likes

Brian
You should nip down to Marlfield House in Gorey.

1 Like

@briantinnion has raised an interesting point. Is there any high quality hotel at all on the Wicklow coast?

I didnā€™t see that bit, but it still applies, shady terraces, amazing food, great walks, no late night noise, perfect

https://www.seafieldhotel.com/location.html

Druids Glen
Seafield (kinda)

Greystones residents are always harping on about the lack of a hotel in their town. I think there was a plan to build one in Charlesland but it never materialised.

Is Druids Glen on the coast?

The place overflows with stags and hens at weekends but during the week is a nice sleepy village facing out into a lovely view.

Ok, you should have phrased it better

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t over analyse everything mate. Just take it at face value

2 Likes

There is very little in Wicklow by the coast.
There is Tinakily @briantinnion which is a lovely old country house just outside Wicklow town in Rathnew. It is hard bet on a summers day. About 45-50 mins from South Dublin, motorway/dual carriageway more or less the whole way. You can see the coast from it, but itā€™s not walking distance to the coast if you know what I mean. Thereā€™s a lovely pier walk in Wicklow town, youā€™d be no distance from a few beaches either Silver strand and those. You are also within comfortable striking distance to Glendalough & Powerscourt. Itā€™s the only place of a reasonable standard I can think of in that area.