Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

telling someone who over-analyses everything that is like saying

ā€œyou shouldnā€™t breath mate, just dieā€

Its a km or two from the beach in Kilcoole.

Thereā€™s a walk way from the hotel down to the seafront I think now that you say it?

@Bandage - Wicklow County Council have been notorious the last few years in refusing planning permission for large scale hotel building.

Also, the Arklow Bay Hotel is right on the sea. Its a nice enough hotel, but its in an absolute shitehole of a town.

Thereā€™s a walkway down to a lagoon. Not sure if you can get around it to the sea too easy.

Brooklodge is nice spot and close - not on the coast though. Splurge for a split level suite

1 Like

@briantinnion
the suggestions here are grand but ā€¦ ok for a day trip
if you want to enjoy yourself really head up to the slieve donard hotel in newcastle
now its pricey but midweek you might be ok- you wont regret it
youā€™ll be there in 90minutes

that aside , hop in the car and head down to Inchydoney= best hotel in the country by a mile

both of these hotels are virtually on the beach also
book the suite

I am thinking of a long weekend (3 or 4 nights) in mid September. Anybody recommend Dubrovnik?

@briantinnion can call to mine for tea if he goes to Ballymc

1 Like

the wife stated that Clogherhead is now our beach of choice pal
cā€™mere - is there any place at all to eat around there?
termonfeckin looks like a nice spot - Drogheda is a hellish place tho- the quayside there is horrific looking - i couldnt stop there at all

Thereā€™s a nice Cafe at a garden centre type place in Termonfeckin. Iā€™ve spent a good bit of time on the bike down that way but havenā€™t really ventured south of Dundalk for dinner etc

Edit: place in Termonfeckin is called Forge Field Farm shop .

2 Likes

@Bandage recently recommended the Monasterboice Inn for roaster fare @mickee321

2 Likes

thatā€™ll do

Whatā€™s the US preclearence like in Dublin? How long does it usually take?? The flight is at 9am.

Depends on how stressed you get in airports if get delayed/run late but if flying at 9am then check in at 6:15am and should give you about 30 or 40 minutes to spare. 15 minutes to check in and clear security. Then 5 minutes to pre clearance. Secondary security and immigration - another 20 or 25. They board transatlantic flights about 50 minutes before take off.

Donā€™t forget your esta

Apparently passport control is carnage since the Guards handed it over

Iā€™ve gone for the Cliff House, guys. Couldnā€™t justify going for a suite so went with a deluxe balcony room which I understand had an ocean view.

5 Likes

Whether it had or not is no fucking use if it doesnā€™t anymore. If Mrs BT is breastfeeding you might try Newbridge. Wonderful facilities.

Every room has an ocean view and a balcony, theyā€™re small enough but really nice, rainforest shower and all that tack
Itā€™s a smashing hotel in a great location