Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

are you bringing the kid down Brian?
enjoy enjoy- ive heard the grub is awesome
itll get u in the good books for a while
you cant bet a good hotel - nothing worse then getting to a hotel an feeling a little underwhelmed, had this at the La Mon in Belfast and the Hotel Westport recently
The Inchydoney was something else tho
tricky age the kid is at- suite can handy so he can sleep away in there and ye can at least enjoy each otherā€™s company and the room - else you could be sitting there in the dark at 9pm

Ballymascanlon outside Dundalk . Cooley is really nice .

1 Like

Tropical lately.

Yes

1 Like

Yeah weā€™re bringing the little one. It wonā€™t be easy but have to start somewhere.

At this stage Iā€™ve no issue with sitting in darkness at 9pm, thatā€™s about my bed time these days. Itā€™s fairly challenging keeping the plates spinning at home and in work.

is herself at home all day with the kid?
thatā€™s a recipe for absolute disaster for you
ah youā€™ll make the most of it there allright in the hotel - when the babyā€™s asleep order some room service - tea or a beer and try and enjoy it,
it can be a tricky time allright- ah it can be fucking awful to be honest- it gets easier tho

Tis unrale

How old is junior BT? Is it too young to get the hotelā€™s babysitting service for a few hours?

If you canā€™t do the time, donā€™t do the crime - as the say.

Yeah sheā€™s at home all day with her. She (the baby) is only 8 weeks old. Itā€™s not too bad as weā€™re close to town and her sister works flexible time so is occasionally around during the day.

The hardest part is putting in a shift in work and then coming home to put in another shift at home. She (the wife) had a setback owing to previously referenced negligence on the part of the hospital so isnā€™t firing at 100% yet.

8 weeks so too young I suspect.

A lot stupider bastards than you managed it

1 Like

I donā€™t know how ye do it in fairness lads

2 Likes

The days are just v long when they are that young. Its a lot more intense burst of terrorism when they are older but they fall asleep at 8 o clock for the night.

Enjiy the night away but tbh spending that money on cliff house is a conplete waste. Its a lovely spot but I personally wouldnt bother my bollox going anywhere I didnt have to with a kid that young. Lockdown for a few months

Iā€™m humbled reading this thread every time.

It was much easier in our day I suppose

Life was much simpler.

It was, I suppose. They were simpler times.

1 Like

We went to the cliff house with our first lad when he was only 7 weeks old. Looking back now it was a bizarre thing at the time but given the obscene amount of money it cost Iā€™d do it again if in the same situation. Being in lock down isnā€™t good for anyone. Everyone in the hotel thought we were a bit nuts and sure we probably were.

Enjoy it BT. The hotel will organise a babysitter for you if you want to get a few hours in the evening to yourselves in the bar or restaurant. Very trustworthy and getting a couple of hours to yourselves can only be a good thing.

1 Like

There were no Joneses to keep up with.