Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

When are you gonna lave a load in that poor girl?

3 Likes

After my operation.

You will love it. Coffee. Wine. Gelato. Food. Dolce Vita. East side of lake is more developed. Verona is beautiful.

2 Likes

Uuggghhhh

yeah iā€™m thinking, food, walks, cycling, sleeping, swimming, food, wine, food, wine is the way to goā€¦ must download a book on the kindleā€¦ Mobyā€™s auto-biography perhaps.

Probably asked you this before, are you travelling around or staying in the one spot in Lake Garda? It is a big place with dozens of different towns.

Malcesine and Riva del Garda are both nice.

Yes to Moby and also Paul Howardā€™s ā€˜I heard the news today, oh boyā€™.

1 Like

Never been to Lake Garda, @anon61956325, so have no recommendations sadly.

1 Like

Another tipā€¦only turn on your phone or internet when you really need to.

1 Like

I personally loved Verona. Very impressive city

2 Likes

All you need is a few hours in Venice. You will spend most of your time there wishing death upon the 6 gazillion other people you will happen to be sharing the experience with, all of whom will need lots of selfies and time and space to take them. The Dogeā€™s Palace tbf is very impressive. The Museo Correr was pretty disappointing. I happened to do a food tour which was pretty good for an overview of the history of the place. If you do want to spend a day or two there then get out and about early (like 7am) to see some of the place before it gets absolutely mobbed.

Was in Garda town as well but I canā€™t recommend anything other than swimming and drinking

3 Likes

Verona - Absolutely
Venice - so-so but If you havenā€™t been before best go once
Around the lake itself visit all the villages
Limone 9/10
Riga 7/10
Sirmione 9/10 but not on the weekend and not by bus. Come and go by boat.
Get a boat time table on say one and definitely spend a couple of days going around the lake.

2 Likes

I loved Venice but I was there off peak, maybe April or early may so the crowds werenā€™t too bad. Two days would be plenty if you just wanted to stroll around and soak it in. The place shuts down fairly early too at night.

Iā€™ll be in Verona in 5 weeksā€¦so close :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Iā€™m finding this very hard to type but based on the last few posts Italy has jumped the shark

3 Likes

Just spell the words in your head first, mate. Makes it easier. Say them out loud if you have to.

2 Likes

Roasters rushing around to see all of Venice between 7 and 9 in the morning.

9 Likes

Verona definitely. Venice maximum one day too crowded.

half five in the morning is he best time to do Venice for a few hours before it gets too crowded

1 Like

I got some lovely selfies at 7am with nobody else in them guys it was totally worth it.

1 Like

We used to get up in the morning at half past ten tne night before to see Venice