Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Thatā€™s a cunt of a post.

1 Like

I do buddy, both in the hotel and via my own data bundle.

Thanks. Iā€™m welling up here, thatā€™s one of the nicest things ever said to me on TFK.

3 Likes

Cloud /rain day today, the only one while here so lounging a bit todayā€¦train to Verona and Venice next weekendā€¦ Did about 14k on a bike yesterday in the heat with some wine on boardā€¦ Fucked last night after it :smile:

3 Likes

The swimming bit of the lake at garda is lovely. Good windsurfing school there also. I did a few days with an instructor there who insisted on two grappas and a double shot of espresso every morning before we set off ā€œto open the blood vessels in the neckā€
Driving up the west side of Lake garda at night is one of the most stressful experiences of my life. Practically on two wheels with a cliff down to the lake on the right all the way, and a queue of irate Italians behind because they couldnā€™t get past and there was nowhere to pull in

3 Likes

:smile:

Iā€™m boating it for the most part and cyclingā€¦ Iā€™m on holidays, who needs the stress of driving in Italyā€¦ Iā€™ll pick you up a stick of rock

2 Likes

14km is not cycling pal.

2 Likes

Maybe you should have left the Bentley at home?

2 Likes

I knowā€¦makes it all the worse

Other musings from my trip. The Germans are a truly lovely race of people. Polite, courteous, mannerly and always friendly.

2 Likes

Heading back to Berlin next week with some pals. Any tips on afternoon tours or bars or restaurants ?

Thereā€™s a small Ramones museum at the back of a cafe thatā€™s worth checking out
The film museum place is great too.

Lots of good kebab shops, bars and so on

1 Like

Have you done that blind restaurant thing?

No. Should I?

Mate raved about it when he came back from Berlin a while back. It was his standout of the trip.

Wouldnā€™t be my bag.

Fyi

https://www.unsicht-bar-berlin.de/en/html/home_1.html

1 Like

Not sure my bag either

Back off to Vietnam in the morning for a week.:clap:

Anyone ever done NYC for Paddyā€™s weekend??

Iā€™ve done NCW if thatā€™s any use :joy::joy:

9 Likes