Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Get beaten up and ripped off in a strip bar. Iā€™ve heard.

3 Likes

Drink Tokaj wine

Walk over the chain bridge. Take the funicular up to the castle. Walk around. See fishermanā€™s bastion up there.

1 Like

Sweet fuck all.

2 Likes

A few days is plenty. We did the aforementioned chain bridge over to the castle. Went to one of those outside steam baths/pools by Hero Square which I wasnā€™t happy about. A few museums (including museum of terror). Also went to a few ruin bars (literally ruined buildings converted into hipster bars). Iā€™d say the top 10 or 20 things to do on Trip Advisor cover it. Went to a couple of nice restaurants too - I recall one was called Onyx and was very good.

1 Like

Climb the mountain. Spectacular views. Oogle the women. Avoid the gypsies. Keep your wallet in your front pocket.

Or pest

1 Like

Three days was plenty but itā€™s a grand spot, the weather was an unexpected bonus, in the mid 20s every day.
Great metro system, one of the easiest to follow, did loads of walking but itā€™s very pleasant when thereā€™s so much to see, the local food is basic but not too bad, the ghoulash soup is great when you shovel in the chilies and paprika, itā€™d be a great city to do some shopping in but it wasnā€™t really on the agenda, couldnā€™t believe the amount of high end shops. The ruin bars are quite cool but the bar staff at two of them were up their own holes.
I have to mention the museum of terror, Iā€™ve been to museums all over the world and itā€™s one of the best Iā€™ve been in, an amazing description of the dark side of Hungary from the 30s to 89, a must do.
Nice city for a short break, 7/10

Edit: the thermal baths were brilliant as well

1 Like

Anyone been to Bruges?

Everyone has been to Bruges.

Great spot- destination of choice for the discerning alcoholic.

2 Likes

What do you want to know? Itā€™ll be cold this time if year, and chance of snow. Your missus will love it if sheā€™s not been.

Heā€™s taking Brady.

Just any must dos - tho from what I gather, itā€™s small enough to just stroll around and enjoy what ever you stumble across. The crimbo market starts tomorrow and Iā€™ve Ribs n Beerā€™ booked for Saturday night ā€“ Did you do a brewery tour while there? or did you make it here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=IpRsAXFAXE0

Christmas market shouldnā€™t start until the beginning of advent ideally. December 2nd.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve been in there, itā€™s nice alright but youā€™d only stay an hour. Fairly touristy. Thereā€™s a bar if you can get to upstairs overlooking the square on a balcony itā€™s worth doing. I think the bar might be attached to a beer museum, but we could skip the museum and go straight for their bar. I did the Bruges Zot brewery tour. I think these brewery tours are all meh. But do try Bruges Zot itā€™s their local blond beer and very nice. Just amble around and youā€™ll find stuff to do. Thereā€™s some great eating houses there. Iā€™d say go up the belfry for a view of the whole town, thatā€™s worthwhile. Donā€™t eat in the main square.

1 Like

If youā€™ve seen one brewery youā€™ve seen them all. They never show you the dwarves and hobbits that make the beer either.

2 Likes

have you not met @TreatyStones ?

Iā€™ve had the Zot dubble and itā€™s lovely ā€¦ I cant wait to taste multiple different beers over the weekend and incessantly post about them here and drive the usual suspects demented.