Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Donā€™t think I was ever in it

Iā€™d say Iā€™ve taken over 500 flights over the past 15 years giving myself an hour to get through the airport and I never missed one

1 Like

How much would it cost to get into one of the lounges if you had a few hours to killā€¦ And is it worth it?

Between ā‚¬15 and ā‚¬30 I think. Some of them are worth it - Schipol, Brussels, Heathrow, Frankfurt some of them definitely not

1 Like

Iā€™d a lovely racket going with the old lad. Weā€™ve the same name so weā€™d use the one frequent flyer account. He did a tonne of travel in his day and I did more than my fair share which saw him/us get to platinum with One World. Basically meant perks like access to the first class lounges which was smashing. Grub, booze, shower etc

Anyway, one day I go to check in. Platinum meant even on an economy ticket I could go Johnny big balls and use the First Class check-in. I was going from Brisbane to San Fran that day. ā€œOh Mr Richie, there must be something wrong with the system as itā€™s showing youā€™re currently on a flight to Brisbane from Shanghai? Let me look into thatā€

ā€œEhā€¦ā€

12 Likes

Around the ā‚¬20 mark. Some are worth it, others arenā€™t. Some will have a help yourself bar and food while others will limit how much you can eat or drink.

Did a lot of trans Atlantic travel with a previous role and have a platinum aer club membership which is a nice perk. Dallas and Sao Paolo Guarulous probably two of the better ones Iā€™ve been in. Help yourself to you name it food and drink and every type of paper and magazine to read.

Lisbon, LAX and Oā€™Hair were utterly shit.

1 Like

Lovely day out in donkey sanctuary in liscarroll and the park in Doneraile. Got lucky with the weather but the park in Doneraile is a fine spot. My second time there and didnā€™t realise how big it is.

5 Likes

Both free as well you miserable hoor!!!

The donkey sanctuary is a brilliant spot for kids. A fine walk

Anyone got advice for a few days in Seville?
Considering a week out to Seville and back from Faro

Yes mate. Go for it.

1 Like

Been there a few times. Well worth it. Very hot there in August.

I always found the United Airlines one in Newark to be very good.

2 Likes

It will be hot in Dublin soon mid-August.

I am looking at mid September

The Palace is worth a visit. If youā€™ve seen Game of Thrones in particular.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a lovely city but too hot even then to be staying there for me. Go straight south down to tarifa.

1 Like

And the cathedral has Christopher Columbusā€™ grave in it

1 Like

I was there once in 45 degrees. Mid July. Second time I was there was end of January and it was nice.

3 Likes

Going on an essential journey to France in September. Getting the ferry and driving down to Strasbourg, stopping in Reims. Will buy Champagne. Coming back via the Black Forest, Bonn, the Ardennes, Arnhem and Arras. Will see plenty of WW1 and 2 sights/sites.

11 Likes

Class

Itā€™s a pleasure driving in France. So many lovely towns to stop off in.

Roscoff, Reims, Strasbourg?

Iv never spent much time in the east is it nice