Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

I had a smashing 4 or 5 days in Seville around 4 years ago.

Do it.

3 Likes

Tolls are a bastard though throughout France

Going Dublin to Cherbourg. Cherbourg is a kip compared to Roscoff. But that route suits me better this time. Never been to the very far east of France, looking forward to it.

1 Like

How many hours is that on the ferry?

25 or 26 I think.

1 Like

Iv driven probably 70 or 80 hours in France and only gone through tolls a handful of times. Always prefer to drive down the coast where possible or through less busy roads. What hurry would you be in

1 Like

Roscoff is a smashing town

I love it. Was always a treat to pitch up early for the ferry and get a big plate of seafood in one of the harbour restaurants.

3 Likes

I remember getting the ferry to France as a sixteen year old on a school trip. My first time to leave Ireland. We didn’t even have a proper passport but the old group passport you could get.

Into the duty free and bought a bottle of Smirnoff. I figured the regular stuff was grand but the 50 per cent Blue Label would be better.

I don’t remember too much after that.

1 Like

I had a bad crossing a couple of years ago. Puked my wrong up. Think it was food poisoning. I had a smoked mackerel plate. It was putrid.

2 Likes

Thinly veiled “the nephew and myself are popping over to review matters in the vineyard”….

7 Likes

Only times we had to drive through France was our trips to Romania ( via Paris)
So we were rushing to and fro ( borders used close at midnight at the time )
Then ferries on the way home so all rush

1 Like

Split 10 days between Seville and Cadiz in June a couple of years back. Much preferred Cadiz.

1 Like

Cadiz is supposed to be :+1:

A gem of a spot. Great food, beaches, history. Handy sized as well.

1 Like

Yeah looks fab, saw a doc on it(Rick Stein) superb food / climate

1 Like

Long journey?

From Seville? Took the train, think it was an hour/hour and a half.

2 Likes

Cadiz and Seville are gems. About 90 odd mins drive from memory. Strolling aimlessly around the little narrow streets of Cadiz stopping off in random Tapas restaurants and cafes is a lovely way to spend a few hours. Gorgeous beach there too

5 Likes

Picture of @mac floating on his back in Cadiz. Caused an awful fuss for the locals.

12 Likes