Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Security was the same as normal times when I went through the airport last week. You’ll be grand at that time

1 Like

Off to Lanza first holiday with just myself and the missus in 25 years always had childers with us since then can’t wait really looking forward to it after a tough year

13 Likes

Have a great time :+1:

1 Like

Arrived in Lanzarote yesterday evening place is hopping weather great busiest I’ve ever seen it great to get away another week of this :pray:

6 Likes

Are you in PDC? If you are make sure to eat in Lomo Alto in the old town. Gorgeous steakhouse overlooking the sea

2 Likes

Cheers chief will give it a twist nearly all
Restaurants and bars are open makes it easy with the weather and having retractable windows making inside feel outside

This fucking shite. All it was short of was “tell them @Mac sent you”

10 Likes

No need to be so cantankerous

The chef would wipe his hole with the steak before serving it if you even mentioned @Mac

1 Like

Lads, looking for some help:

We’re starting to look at holidays for next year after 2 years of destination Ireland. We’ll have a 3.5 year old and a 1.5 year old at the time of travelling. Having done the Eurocamp thing when I was a kid myself and loving it we were looking at that sort of thing but also open to suggestions of other resorts etc prob self-catering.

Anyway, if any of you have recommendations for that sort of kids age-group it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Eurocamp is brilliant but if you are taking the ferry and bringing your own car don’t be tempted to go to far from the ferry port. 5 hours from the ferry is plenty of travelling.

Fly drive is the way to go if you want to go to the South of France and be guaranteed weather.

1 Like

We’ve booked a mobile in a campsite beside lake Garda for early July. Seems to be loads to do onsite and in local town. Going with two families who’ve been before when kids your age and said it’s 100% and very safe.

San “Miguel”

1 Like

I’ve been to the Eurocamp a few times and they’re great,
But if that’s your bag I would recommend a Haven camp on the south coast of England, obviously you’re risking a little bit on the weather but the camps and activities are far superior in my opinion

The weather in Dorset, Devon and Cornwall is generally fantastic during the summer, you don’t want mad heat with a two year old, English people are far nicer than the French and those are brilliant places to explore, lots to do.

But Eurocamps are top class as well,

2 Likes

Yeah - Lake Garda was one of the ones we were looking at. Bella Italia I think

1 Like

That’s where we’re staying. We looked at a few other places but you need to get car/taxi into town. This is 15-20 mins walk along the lake. Try and book accom close to pools as it’s a big campsite and nippers will get tired walking

1 Like

Just 2 days left in Lanza cracking so far weather has been fabulous cheap beer great food long walks swimming and overall a relaxing vibe great to get away from the cold and darkness at home

8 Likes

Glad to hear going well for ye, enjoy rest of your time.

1 Like

Kids are too young for it based on my experience. They might enjoy it but you won’t

1 Like

What would you suggest instead?