Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

I donā€™t know but the Eurocamp isnt a cheap option and I think the kids would get as much value out of a break in Ireland with plenty visits to playgrounds. I was at the Eurocamp 3 times and Iā€™d say kids only really got value out of it when they were 4 and 6. Other years we spent as much time out of camp finding things to entertain

Brilliant holiday for them alright when old enough

1 Like

Fair point but after two years of Ireland and Irish weather (and Irish costs too) Iā€™d love to get abroad.

One thing I like about the campsites or similar is being able to relax outside with a beer in the evening while the kids are asleep.

4 Likes

The weather is the key kicker in fairness. But if your willing to stay in average accommodation (which the campsites are, average at best) then you would get a fortnight close to the coast in Ireland in a decent air b and b for sub 2k with no Ferry costs etc.

1 Like

Iā€™m facing into a similar dilemma next summer with a 1.5 year old so reading with interest. We had been loosely thinking a camp in the south of France as well.

We went to Normandy and Brittany a few times on family holidays when I was young and enjoyed it, but as an adult I have no great desire to go to France other than the fact that it is relatively near.

1 Like

France is a great spot.

Better camps I think in northern part of the country probably because they need to sell harder as the weather isnā€™t guaranteed

There is a brilliant camp about 25 mins from the ferry in Roscoff called lea mouettes. Best camp we have been in and we stayed there for a few nights on each trip to shorten the drive to the ferry. Much nicer lodgings but v mixed weather

1 Like

Vegas

The only campsite I can definitively remember being at was La Grande Metairie Carnac, which is in the middle of the Carnac standing stones. Even as a kid I remember thinking they were fairly impressive. We went to Mont St Michel on some other trip over there which is my other stand out memory of the region.

3 Likes

I was in Kilkenny a couple of weeks ago mate Iā€™m not heading to Mullinavat on my summer holidays.

2 Likes

Suitable for all ages in my opinion we went first when the eldest was 3 and last went when he was 15 youngest first year was when she was 18 months great memories and they all meet their own ages and mix easily best bit is they are so tired each night you can relax with a few drinks after they go down before you go again the next day. We did Brittany initially then Jean de Monts for a few years before doing about 6 years with fly drive in Argeles sur Mer near Perpignan and the last few years in Montroig outside Cambrils would highly recommend there direct access to the beach and fantastic facilities for all ages bars restaurants nightly entertainment kids clubs etc

1 Like

Ha. I was there myself in the late eighties. I suppose the stones are still standing

1 Like

Milano

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a gorgeous building but I found the rest of Milan quite meh. Certainly would have it well down the list of Italian cities worth visiting

2 Likes

Sanguli (fly to Reus) is the best place by a distance weā€™ve gone with the kids. Going back next summer.

Cambrils beside it for younger kids

1 Like

Does the job for a short city break. The wifeā€™s choice not mine.

The San Siro is probably my favourite stadium in fairness

I went to Mullinavat on my summer holidays every year for about 10 years during my formative years. The best years of my life

2 Likes

We went to Cambrils near Barcelona every year for about 4 years with the kids ranging from 6 months to 6 years and they absolutely loved it. I posted a comprehensive summary for @Rocko years ago (probably on this thread if youā€™re willing to search for it). The villa accommodation they provide is ideal sitting out enjoying a few beers after the kids have gone to bed.

1 Like

Nice one. Iā€™ve heard good things about both alright. Our will be 3 and 1 so it sounds like Cambrils is best

1 Like

Deadly. Thatā€™s exactly what weā€™re looking for. Weā€™re prob going with another family but Iā€™ll be canvassing strongly for Cambrils now

Itā€™s perfect going with another family if you can get the villas side by side or across from each other. Thereā€™s an interactive map of the website where you can pick whichever ones you want. I know the place inside out so I can give you a steer on which villas would suit closer to the tim

2 Likes