Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

Another vote for Lisbon.

You could do two nights in Sintra and two in lisbon

And has more pickpockets than Barcelona.

Was in Lisbon twice the last 3 years. Marrakesh might be interesting.

Would be a good time to go to Iceland, feck the sun! The molten rock will keep you warm

Porto any good?

Have you been to Seville? Somewhere like that would be ideal in that Autumn-Spring window when it’s still quite cold in several other countries. I thought it was a great place for a 3/4 night break.

2 Likes

I think I’d like to go back to Paris.

Would it be freezing there in January.

It’s pretty cold there in January. Raw.

1 Like

I have been to Marrakesh. 2 nights is loads in it. It is only ok, there is an old and new city but it is fairly small and a lot of the restaurants are dry establishments. A trip up the mountains to Bur Bur country is probably the high point of it.

I would think Istanbul would have far more to do for the sake of another 30 minutes each way on a plane.

I concur. Been in Lisbon twice in April and it was beautiful both times. I stayed in Estoril which is out along the coast. Was beautiful. Take in Sintra as well as @TheUlteriorMotive recommends. You could do a day trip to Fatima while you’re at it.

2 Likes

Rainy

Istanbul is a good shout.

Was in Paris the week before last - ok but wouldn’t be in a rush back. Expensive and they’re rude bastards. Rome is number one for me.

1 Like

Has anyone here ever been to Patagonia?

1 Like

You may forget about holidays.

2 Likes

Yes

I love Dolores Keane version of it

2 Likes

They have a good sale on at the moment

I hate the way it always gets butchered by someone in a wedding sing song

1 Like

It’s a really easy song to sing, most people would do or justice, it’s when people impersonate Delores that it can get ropey

1 Like