Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

My daughter, husband and sprogs (8-12) are going to Rome for a few days in April. Has anyone here any experience of sprog friendly hotels in that noble city. I gather theyā€™re up to speed with sights, food emporia and religious matters. TIA.

Some grand cheap Ryanair flights, Dublin to Kyiv, at the moment at ā‚¬14.99 but a little bit more expensive coming back at ā‚¬55.

Just thinking of all ye accomplished travellers out there.

lads, im off to dubai with the missus in april. can i get some suggestions for things to do and see, and possibly restaurants.

also, if the retail outlets are worth a visit

thanks in advance

Iā€™m not 100% sure but I think @Mac might have been to Dubai.

2 Likes

Found it was like going to a massive dundrum on my holidays. All you can do is go to shopping malls as thereā€™s fuck all heritage or history to see.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Where abouts are you staying Art? Thereā€™s literally every type of restaurant there so depends what you want. Its tacky as fuck with no real history but the ladies seem to love it there.

1 Like

Do you get charged corkage bringing the missus to Dubai?

1 Like

booked into the QE2 (missus had a significant birthday recently). i presume most of the restaurants will be in the jumeirah beach area?

did you do the burj al khalifa, thinking of the restaurant there for the final birthday treat.

is there savings on the shopping there compared to ireland? need to know if i need to bring an extra suitcase for herself

a pity, that was a corker of a post

Iā€™ve reinstated it now.

1 Like

I had a post written here but Iā€™ve just seen its Ramadan in April. This will be an absolute disaster. Most food places outside of hotels closed during the day. No drinking water by swimming pools in some hotels. Some restaurants wonā€™t serve booze when they open too. Itā€™d be worth checking out first what is open or shut for the time youā€™re there. Or are your dates flexible at all?

Bring plenty of sunscreen for your baldy head

Lanzarote bound again today 2nd time in 4 months this lark of having kids in your 20s paying off in spades now, none of the school holidays lark to be cognisant about now.

9 Likes

I was in Boston for the last week or so. I wouldnā€™t be a big enough wanker to tell the tale in the business travellers threadā€¦

Smashing City. Changed massively since the last time I was there about 12 years ago. Went to a celtics match, ate in a savage Italian, visited some cracking bars, walked a few hours through the city through Boston Common at night.

Very white, very new in places, very quiet. Dead after midnight.

4 Likes

Enjoy, mate.

1 Like

Airport jammers full of school tours and bar is closed in T2 :rage:

1 Like

The bar upstairs will serve I think.

1 Like

Gone over to T1 so I can have a :smoking:

Thereā€™s a new Guinness bar over there but the pints look atrocious out of it

Huge queue there they didnā€™t look the Mae West alright