Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

Allowing office to be built on residential property isn’t going to help the housing crisis is it?

You say NO to job creation?

It’s not Pat O’Donnell’s responsibility to provide houses for people.

That’s an issue for the Department of Housing, Planning & Local Government, not POD.

its like the irony of jobstown in tallaght

2 Likes

the residential properties were sub standard according to the protesters, now they are protesting that some lazy people are not allowed live in them any more. they are also clearly petrified that potential work scenarios will be placed in font of them on their doorstep.
the guy using his own money attempting to clean up some shithole area of the inner city is not the bad guy here.

If the internet, and TFK, was around back in Captain Boycott’s day, you would have had all the Muldoon simpletons on here queuing up to defend Boycott and slaughter the campaign for the Three F’s.

These idiots have learnt nothing from history.

2 Likes

I agree. This is not just about O’Donnell though.

Although the protestors are making about him.

That’s a simplistic take on things.

Yeah, that’s why we all live in caves so the dinosaurs can’t catch us.

1 Like

The State are paying lip-service to the housing crisis. I’m sure there are plenty of O’Donnells around the place that the state have helped to shaft but he seems to be the unfortunate one this time and my heart goes out to the poor cratur.

Easy to say fuck off take your family to live somewhere else if you happen to be from Limerick or some shithole in Tipp

I think it is unfair to say they are paying lip service, plenty of rapid build housing being done in the 4 Dublin LA regions on top of the number of properties already owned by them. Don’t know all the figures but Fingal own over 4500 properties.
Public procurement seriously slows down the turnaround of vacant units.

Or worse again, Cork

Says the fella that’s from Cork and admits to living in Limerick. You couldn’t make it up.

Rent is cheap in Limerick mate, I’ve no issue with that, Cork a bit less so.
But neither are the issue here

I was listening to a Dublin City councillor on the radio about what they’re doing. They’re getting there but there’s too much red tape. I’m not sure of the number of derelict buildings there were in Dublin but it was in the thousands. There were only 18 CPO’s of derelict buildings. There are answers to the problem but red tape and bureaucracy are making it more difficult than it needs be. Decisions made by NAMA/State are coming home to roost. All good planning ideas are usually vetoed by some gombeen politician anyway. Allowing residential property to be changed to office space is paying lip service to the problem and I think it’s great that these protestors are highlighting what is happening.

Nearly 6,000 derelict buildings I believe between the 4 authorities.

Things seem to be heating up again. Some new crowd called Take back the city have just closed off Gardiner Street in a protest. This is after last night’s shenanigans, when men in balaclavas bussed in from Northern Ireland and given police protection, removed a few protesters occupying a gaff in North Frederick Street.