Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

you are an awful halfwit. the innocence of it.
these scroungers are looking for the government to cpo a building that is in private ownership. arent you the chap with the big site in galway and you looking for planning permission to build a mansion on it in the future.
hopefully a crowd of filthy tinkers break into your field and set up base there, or a crowd of bored hippies. and they make pure shit of the place and cost you a fortune in legal costs getting them out.

Actually, ā€œHouse Partyā€ is a great name for them.

3 Likes

Does this apply to the goons in the balaclavas who came down from the north? Does the law apply to these gentlemen?

Yes, yes it does mate.

3 Likes

Of course. Why wouldnā€™t it.

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s relevant where they come from, but the fact you insist on telling me is probably an indication why Gardai are in balaclavas etc

Then why isnā€™t it being enforced? A plethora of motoring violations were broken.

1 Like

Why are the Gardai letting them break the law in broad daylight so?

I donā€™t know if they did but I agree that tax and insurance should be displayed. Is that your main concern though - potential motoring offences?

I donā€™t like cherry picking which laws should and shouldnā€™t be broken.

Iā€™d agree - I donā€™t think any laws should be broken. In this instance in particular it was stupid as it left the Gardai open to the charge of favouritism

1 Like

I can understand why the Gardai wear balaclavas, but it doesnā€™t sit right with me watching these other guys getting bussed in wearing balaclavas to evict the protesters.

Surely there has to be a better way of doing this?

2 Likes

It has to start with building houses tho?ā€¦ and relieving pressure / rents. How much is the government wasting on rent supplements? It would be cheaper to build homes than keep wasting money to pay landlords. Rent caps ā€“ or something along this line ā€“ for a period until houses are built and the market stabilizes some bit. Properties that were being rented out for 850/900 just 4 years ago are now going for 1200/1300 in Limerick/Cork. Thatā€™s insane ā€“ especially as Iā€™ve already mentioned that wages havenā€™t been raised to match inflation. That 300/400 is a month a fair chunk out of a medium/ low range salary. Help for first time buyers, who are currently paying these ridiculous rents, needs to be more aggressiveā€¦. People paying 1200/1300 a month on rent alone and then hoping to save a deposit? - Iā€™m not advocating houses for everyone, and I detest people abusing the system, but weā€™ve created a system where the people who want to work/buy are being screwed. I heard last week that local councils ā€“ especially in Dublin, own a ridiculous amount of land that they can build on but ridiculous red tape thrown in at the end of the last down turn is stopping them from building? ā€“ That makes no sense now in a time of desperate need. Maybe we need to change our culture ā€“ as in owning a house ā€“ but I cant see that changing. One of the first things thatā€™s needed is decent planning ā€“ I agree that whacking up houses willy nilly leads to much bigger problems (See Limerick City) ā€“ part of this planning has to mean building up, not outā€¦ and that comes back to the last point of changing our mindset ā€“ but building up for social housing is a no brainer. Iā€™m no economic whizz, and donā€™t even begin to admit I have an interest in it ā€“ but it seems we hide behide terms like ā€˜marketā€™ a lot when we are not willing to roll ourselves up and do whatā€™s right for people.

So yes ā€“ Start building more houses initially and stop wasting millions on rent supplements. Help first time buyers more than whatā€™s been done so far and put some sort of freeze/caps on rents for a period of time until things begin to even out. Long term proper urban planning needs to be introduced ā€“ so that we are not back here in 10 / 20 years. How do we tackle inflation? Can wages be brought up? We cant get a Tax break as we are still in shit for bailing out the EU/Banks/Bondholders ā€¦
We havenā€™t even mention the thousands of empty houses around the country ā€“ owned by fuck knows what organizations/ funds ā€¦ Can some of these houses be brought onto the market? Does the government have any power in its own country? I get there is political opportunism at play here as well, and Iā€™m not buying into any of that, I just think a duty of care for our citizens should trump bull shit red tape and appeasing so called bullshit markets.

So in short ā€“ address the policy thatā€™s stopping builders building ā€“ help people currently renting and looking to buy and introduce long term planning. What you have now is people moving 40/50/60 ks away from home/workplace just to get an affordable house ā€¦ creating more strain and costs.

But above all ---- Just roll up your sleeves and tackle the problem, you shithouse bastards.

2 Likes

Estate agents need to be regulated better as well the horrible cunts.

The PSRA that was set up to regulate them are doing nothing. There is a house idle in my estate for the last 5 years. An agency bought it off Nama and are waiting for an optimal time to sell it. A four bed house, idle for 5 years and people crying out for houses in this area

Thatā€™s the way itā€™s gone now ā€¦ profit is more important than people. We are just an mini America now - itā€™s all about those that have it and those that dont can rot.

1 Like

lets hear it.

2 Likes

Tl;dr houses for everyone

Da fuq?

tl:dr

Up your tl:dr

Looks like the PIRA are regulating them these days.