Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

I saw this earlier and got a right chuckle out of it.

Someone applied to view a house and then got a phone call saying theyā€™d need to pay ā‚¬500 upfront for a viewing.
They contact threshold and threshold contact the media. All agree what a disgrace this is and what cunts those landlords and agencies are.
Then people furiously commenting away under the article saying itā€™s awful and I canā€™t believe they are doing this.

And no one, not one person stopped to point out the pretty fucking obvious. Itā€™s a scam. Not a the big bad landlords are ripping people off scam. An actual fucking Prince of Nigeria scam. Pay me ā‚¬500 and Iā€™ll show you an apartment :joy:. Are we gone that bad that no one cops a blatant scam when they see one?

Threshold are saying thereā€™s multiple instances, but there is their fuck, one story and they are running with it. They are always at it.

One for TNH thread.

1 Like

Itā€™s outrageous that honest people are being charged 500 notes just to view a house.

Time for FG to go.

so a myopic focus on the recipients of welfare is redundant.
You arenā€™t going to change anything by telling people who have been receiving help for generations they are wrong, for accepting that help.

As ever in Ireland, the focus and outrage is easily shifted away from where it should be, and onto each other

2 Likes

So you now want to disqualify the least educated from benefits? Youā€™re coming across as much more thick than I previously thought.

Are you only selectively reading my posts?

No Iā€™m reading all of them and only highlighting the parts I disagree with.

Are you a stupid bastard? - It can be introduced going forward, to start breaking the cycle that the likes of you have created.

1 Like

Exactly. A rabble-rousing, factually incorrect article is published in a downmarket rag to distract the plebs from the real problems and the fools go rushing in like lemmings.

1 Like

Iā€™ve already said that lazy governance and a lack of accountability and political will is behind it allā€¦

What about stupid people that canā€™t our shit state exams? What about people that are abused or disadvajtaged or donā€™t get sent to school or canā€™t finish it for some other reason?

Would you ever fuck off with your shite.

I know.

Making excuses straight from the off ā€¦ exactly why we are in the mess we are in. The current state of the leaving cert is a different argument and I agree needs changing ā€¦ if people cant finish school for whatever reason they can engage with the state and they can help them finish it over timeā€¦ Welfare should be about engaging with the state and looking to better yourself, not just sitting at home and claim everything you wantā€¦ youā€™ve just pointed out everything thatā€™s wrong with the bleeding heart/ pinko liberals in this country ā€¦ always looking for an easy out with no real conviction at all to change things.

is this as a consequence of the vajazzle craze that happened a while back?

1 Like

Go back to making sinn fein jokes ā€” thatā€™s about your level.

Your posting has gone up a lot recently, what are you working again these days anyway?

Excuse me?

Mimicking HBVā€™s patter seems to be your new level around here now. Using this thread to play to the gallery with your anti-traveller rants.

Itā€™s tiresome and tedious and thereā€™s about half a dozen lads who are doing it much better than you.

Anti - Traveller? youā€™re confusing me with some one else ā€¦ iā€™m the only man on the forum who has slept with two traveller women and iā€™ve volunteered on halting sites with traveller kids ā€¦ go again, bucko.

6 Likes

:astonished: Was it at the same time? :slight_smile:

I wish broā€¦