Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

I think heā€™s barking up the wrong tree.

Welfare is necessary for those who are in genuine need, regardless of how the howling mob see them as unfit for society. It would be hard to come up with a better example of someone in genuine need than a single mother with seven children. Expecting her to go out and get a job is delusional at best.

As far as career welfare recipients who are able bodied and able minded and could be working, the US model works best imo. Give them six months welfare with the upfront understanding it will not be extended. Or go to the Japanese model and have them do something productive* for the money they receive, cleaning the streets, etc.

• not bowing at lift entrances and such.

Youā€™ve obviously read none of my posts if you think Iā€™ve argued for any of what youā€™re sayingā€¦

Iā€™m on about making the welfare system work for all of society.

Do you not agree with my third paragraph, as it is almost exactly what you have written, although more eloquent?

Perhaps you are confused between your various aliases.

What after the 6 months though?

Give them a brush and a garbage can.

Is that to live in?

1 Like

Iā€™ve only 1 alias mate.

Yes, Iā€™d agree with your latter take.

If you question welfare here itā€™s taken that your hate filled or racist or anti traveller as some fuckwit claimed today.

Iā€™m merely about a fairer society for all. Where every citizen feels valued and contributes to society.but youā€™re not allowed challenge the status quo at allā€¦

1 Like

Bit harsh no? And what if they all suddenly realise they are disabled? I like the Japanese model more.

For every able bodied and able minded unemployed welfare recipient, there are hundreds doing menial jobs for effectively the same money. No able bodied able minded person should get paid for sitting on their holes.

2 Likes

The U.S welfare system has led to the absolute deterioration of society.

Food stamps! No wonder lads take a chance at crime.

Clearly you arenā€™t very up to date with the United States.

The Japanese model is much more ā€œcruelā€ than the American system. If you are an adult younger than 65 and not disabled your choices are take a menial government job or find a family member to help you. Japan spends 14% of itā€™s GDP on social welfare compared to the mid 20s in western Europe.

There was crime in the US ever before food stamps .

It has certainly destroyed African American communities. Chicago is a shining example of how welfare improves the lives of people. So much so the jackass Eric Holder will likely be the next Democratic nominee for president.

Christ, that is grim. Is Illinois the only state with these welfare cliffs?

The state should engage in the rapid build of high density basic dwellings for people who canā€™t afford their own.
Itā€™s a big problem that I work 60 hours a week to afford a nice house while the state must provide a house of equal ā€˜standardā€™ to someone who doesnt pull rheir own weight.
The building standards changed during the crash which meant it hasnā€™t been feasible to build and sell family houses outside of Dublin and a few other large urban areas.
Dont blame private developers for that itā€™s basic addition and subtraction. Itā€™s just too expensive to build.
They should procure land and build emergency high density cheap housing to get families off the streets and out of garda stations or wherever these thousands of homeless families are.
People in desperate situations have to start somewhere but why should they start at a place it has taken me 30 years of hard graft to get to?

1 Like

Convert every garage in Dublin into a bedsit. Problem solved.

Yeah what lads fail to realise is the Local authority are renting houses and competing with workers to give those houses to unemployed people. That causes rents to rise as supply is eaten up. So a working person is competing for a house with an unemployed person. The worker often shares a house with strangers.

2 Likes

How does that work for the tenants who donā€™t/wonā€™t pay rent?.

Very well, I imagine.

6 Likes