Home Sweet Home - Apollo House Takeover

On my way home from work?! :joy: :joy: Ha!! It’s the 22nd of December ffs sake, only the mugs and inferior types are still working at this stage! Enjoying my holidays from my well paid job mate. How about you, how are things going in the bookies?

So you look down your nose on the unemployed and those who work in retail, health care, emergency services etc. Your a bigger cunt than it first appeared. Ho ho ho

Yes, I do.

Cheer up pal, I’ve paid for your Christmas bonus. Now off with you and enough of this talking back to your betters.

1 Like

**[quote=“Breaking_my_balls, post:103, topic:23528, full:true”]
Yes, I do.

Cheer up pal, I’ve paid for your Christmas bonus. Now off with you and enough of this talking back to your betters.
[/quote]

Oooft

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/irish-charity-sector-is-being-drained-by-duplication-1.2717375%3Fmode%3Damp?client=safari

The inferiority complex that he displays is off the charts, pal. We all know people in well paid jobs don’t brag about it. Just like intelligent people don’t brag about it, or people that come from money and so on and so forth - As always, it’s people that don’t possess something that scream loudest about things they have had a small window into… It must be horrible to be insecure.

3 Likes

That’s a tremendously brit attitude to the less well off.
No surprise to see hun #1 give it an oooft.

Stage 5 Rattled. Dance little monkey, dance!

You’re from Kilkenny yeah? You’d know all about Brit attitudes so.

1 Like

You can fuck off and all with your Ooofftt you cunt

Wow, ape the top hun with this post then tell him to fuck off? You’re a wild man.

You sound like a right tosser.

1 Like

Do I? You’ve ruined my Christmas snowflake.

Great to see that in the season of goodwill we can uphold some bit of sanity around here

@iron_mike All I said, quite correctly, was that Ireland is not alone in these types of crises and that posters should not be making us out to be, as some screaming fannys were.

I also correctly pointed out that we have always had crisis after crisis in different areas and that it’s impossible to solve them all.

I asked for a bit of perspective from people. I stated everything should be done for people in need of help.

And out come the screaming fannys in their indignation. The same type of cunts that make a donation to charity and make sure everyone knows about it.

1 Like

Thousands queue for food parcels in Dublin city centre
Number of people receiving food from Capuchin Centre will ‘probably go over 3,000’

About 3,000 people, including elderly people and children, queue for Christmas food parcels at the Capuchin Centre in Dublin

Danny, an elderly man from Fairview in Dublin, will share his food parcel on Christmas Day with a neighbour who also lives alone.

“He has a bad hip so he couldn’t come here today. I’ll share mine with him,” he smiles.

Danny, who doesn’t want to give his surname, is one of more than 3,000 people queueing for Christmas food parcels at the Capuchin Centre in Dublin on Thursday.

The queue, which includes elderly people and young children, began about 6am. By 9.30am it stretches from the door of the centre’s Bow Street entrance down the street, around the corner and along May Lane reaching Church Street.

Br Kevin Crowley, who runs the centre, believes the queue is “bigger than last year”. A number of gardaí, present because of the numbers, are in good humour and chatting with those queueing.

Danny explains he is on a disability pension and lives in a two-room flat, for which he pays €150 a week. He is “lucky” with his landlady who is good to him. The maximum he is permitted to pay, however, is €109 a week to qualify for his €74 a week rent allowance.

“I could apply for a higher rent allowance, but I’d have to tell them how much rent I’m really paying, and if I didn’t get the increase they [Department of Social Protection] could tell me I have to leave the flat. I can’t take that risk. It is a struggle.

“I come here most Wednesdays for a food parcel and that helps.”

Last Christmas the centre gave out about 2,500 Christmas parcels.

“But this year I think it will probably go over 3,000,” says Br Kevin. “It is shocking, but I am not surprised. What is really appalling to see is the number of children coming here, mothers with children.

“The Government may say there’s a recovery, but there is no recovery for the poor.”

As we speak, several people queuing call over to Br Kevin, thanking him and wishing him a merry Christmas. Two members of the public approach with donations.

Each person queuing has a ticket entitling them to two blue plastic bags of food – one of non-perishables including tea, sugar, cereals, tinned fish, tinned beans, custard, chocolates and biscuits, and one of such perishables as milk, cheese, a chicken and butter.

“We have been giving out tickets to people since last Wednesday, who come to the centre,” explains Br Kevin.

Inside, blue bags are stacked in their thousands against walls for distribution. Among those who has just collected two bags of food is Mandy Cotter, who has travelled from Balbriggan with her baby girl.

“I was queuing about an hour. I’m on lone parents and I’m doing a course, so it is a struggle and if I didn’t get this I would be very short. This will get us through.”

Joan Ayiro, a single mother, has come in from Tallaght. “I have one son. I am in college in the city and it is difficult. I am so grateful to get this help.”

Two other mothers, both homeless and in emergency accommodation in the Summerhill area, do not want to give their names. They will spend Christmas Day in their accommodation and want to make “at least Christmas Day special” for their children.
‘Extremely important’

They have cooking facilities and say the food parcels are “extremely important” as it means they can get “decent little presents” for their children.

“I’m not really looking forward to Christmas,” says one, explaining it is her second in emergency accommodation. “It is just amazing to me that the Irish people are so generous and want to do something about homelessness, but it’s the Government who won’t take a stand.”

The centre will serve breakfast and lunch on Christmas Eve as usual, closing Christmas Day and reopening for breakfast and lunch on St Stephen’s Day.

“We can do this because of the generosity of people and the volunteers,” says Br Kevin.

The centre’s annual running cost is €3.3 million, of which €450,000 comes from the Government.

2 Likes

CARL What do we want?
EMPLOYEES More equitable treatment at the hands of management!
CARL When do we want it?
EMPLOYEES Soon!

Sunday world mugged off

https://twitter.com/PopulistwatchIr/status/816746933280772100

3 Likes

Gas stuff altogether. Apparently our media are right wing though. :joy:

Congrats on breaking the story.