Hotels In Ireland

My first and only time eating there — it had just gone through major renovations and had just re-opened that weekend. I had heard mixed reviews but my food was pretty good

Lovely hotel in a great spot art. Worth upgrading the room to one of the nice ones. Restaurant is fantastic. My favourite hotel in Ireland. We had a fabulous time.

3 Likes

PS there’s no gym I don’t think but there’s loads of places to run. Limerick is lovely early morning.

French table is always very good, simple food very well executed

I will say this about the Europe, the breakfast is poor enough fare.

Did you think? No end of choices and a lot of it cooked up more or less in front of you

The non fry stuff was top notch, the fry though was pretty generic and average.

You would want your head (and heart) examined to ate a fry.

2 Likes

I was on me holiers.

2 Likes

No excuse - it’s peasant food

cc @Horsebox

1 Like

They had ran out of kale.

2 Likes

did you not bring your huel with you?

If a restaurant isn’t serving Huel then I don’t want to be there.

Looking for somewhere down the east coast for three nights or so.

The plan initially was Kellys but it’s a bit of a trek so maybe something further up the country of that ilk? Any suggestions?

is this a dirty weekend or a family break?

Family break

My folks will be coming too

The best hotels on the east coast are in Dublin.

1 Like

There’s not a decent hotel on the East Coast of Wicklow anyway. A few inland alright.

I was very impressed with the slieve donard in Newcastle which is the other end of the East Coast, but no distance from you. Right on the beach and with a lovely pool. A smashing place in the summer I’d say and Newcastle has that seaside resort thing going on for kids.

We were thinking of popping up there at some stage. It’s just an hour from us.

Would Portmarnock be nice or any better recommendations?