Hotels In Ireland

Ya an economic recovery the likes of which the world has never seen.

#we’reback
#celticphoenix
#celticphoenixpark
#allhailmickynoonan

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous everywhere. We’ve lost the run of ourselves again.

Trying to get a hotel for the night after the Friday Springsteen concert and there’s nothing decent in Dublin for less than €200. Then looked at the Thursday night before it and it’s not much better.

Jokeshop.

You try Air B&B?

Had a look but have to convince Mrs Croppy of it’s virtues.

She got fierce notions about B&Bs and staying in anything other than a hotel.

I’m only up there for work and will be working late and early the following day so literally just need somewhere nearby to crash. Ballsbridge Hotel looks like the best of the lot.

the grafton capital?

Princess was like that but tried it and is now an airbnb advocate.

I’ve delegated the task of booking accommodation.
Hopefully I don’t end up in a refugee hostel/brothel like @horsebox did.

Princess’ standard are obviously a bit lower that Mrs Croppy’s.

:pint:

I couldn’t confirm/deny that…I just convinced her to give it a try…but then, were you suggesting a shared with owner stay on airbnb or renting a deluxe apartment?

Either. I have trouble getting her to stay in a 3 Star hotel if there’s nothing else available.

Ah yeah, the other wan is largely the same…she usually catches me with…the breakfast is…go on so I will say…

But 200 a night for Ireland is farcical.

Can’t offer you the spare room in my place so, you ungrateful cunt.

1 Like

Ridiculous. The fact that hotels can put up the price for a special event is extremely annoying.

Fair enough if the supply outweighs the demand but there seems to be plenty of rooms available for €200-€400 if you’re looking for them.

I don’t understand people having an issue with this.

3 Likes

Tends to be people who don’t understand simple economics

The hotels aren’t full, as evidence by the fact that you can still book the same room this weekend for €400 as you could on a quiet weekend for €200. Makes no sense.

Do you not have a corporate rate?

1 Like

They will leave them up til late on for 400 but sell as “secret hotel” late on if they can. Thus not “discounting” the extortionate price

If they put ten rooms up last week at 400 and only 4 sell its same as selling all at 200 once costs are factored in. It’s gouging but to say it doesn’t make sense isn’t strictly correct.

Also can offload to booking.com etc if needs be. I would always book a hotel thru booking as far in advance as I can. Free cancellation up to 24 hrs ahead if something better comes up at last minute.

A booking on the Thursday is no use to you I take it?