Hunting & other rural pursuits

I hate hunters and farmers though and I despise farmers who hunt.

I donā€™t know any farmers who hunt, though Iā€™m told they exist. Irish farming has its problems and its flaws, and I can imagine how listening to the IFA would annoy people. Despite this, farmers are generally very hard-working and productive types. These hunt lads are just odd.

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSHā€]Theres an awful cunt of a greeny young wan on Joe Duffy there now raving and ranting about cruelty and other such nonsense,she claims to have recently witnessed a huntsman hitting his horse in the face when he wouldnt go up into the box after the hunt,Joe wouldnt have the gumption to ask the oul cunt what yer man was supposed to do with the horse,leave him on the road maybe??,shes an expert on horse transport aswell as cruelty to animals the bitch and the fellas on the hunt side are giving her an easy time of it amazingly,she should be taken asunder here really.

The long and short of it is that the poor horses are the forgotten victims in all this,fellas are jumping up on thier backs and everything according to the wan on liveline at the momentā€¦[/quote]

Thats some joke, the blacksmith who calls to us would punch the hose straight into the nose if they wee acting up, tends to wok a treat, as does a grinch.

Fucking idiots stick to policing the city and leave rural pursuits alone!!!

If you from N Cork area you would be aware of the Duhallows, biggest hunt in the country. I would say they are made up of at least 40% farmers if not more

I know of them alright. I couldnā€™t really tell you anything about their composition, except that they wouldnā€™t draw much membership from our locality.

The general point I was making is that lazy elements of the Dublin media make this out to be an urban vs rural thing, because it makes a better story and the hunting folk use it to suit their ends. The problem is itā€™s not that simple. Most people from where I come from anyway have no time for these people.

[quote=ā€œbraz83ā€]I know of them alright. I couldnā€™t really tell you anything about their composition, except that they wouldnā€™t draw much membership from our locality.

The general point I was making is that lazy elements of the Dublin media make this out to be an urban vs rural thing, because it makes a better story and the hunting folk use it to suit their ends. The problem is itā€™s not that simple. Most people from where I come from anyway have no time for these people.[/quote]

Fair enough. Most people I know involved in hunting are from a farming background. a few years ago it was a requirement to enter a horse in the Pt to Pts that they had a hunting cert so this would have involved a lot of the racing crowd as well.

Going into fellas land that doesnt want you is doing the bollox alright

Iā€™m an each to their own meself, and its not something Iā€™m personally involved in although I have connections who are.

While I wouldnā€™t have much of an opinion on the activity itself, I find most of the people involved havenā€™t an arse in their pants.

That being said Iā€™m looking forward to seeing ArtFoleyā€™s mam, Avril, patrolling Stephens Green astride her mount.

Whilst you make a valid point about a lot of farmers not welcoming hunts on to thier lands there are eneogh farmers ivolved in hunts around the Country for them to be able to sustain holding a hunt meet in every parish in most Counties in ireland at the same time,theres a hunt here in my parish and its the same as most hunts id imagine in that it has an even mixture of bolixes(men and women) with notions and ordinary people who enjoy the sport,ill never be involved in it but im more than willing to live and let live,this has been going on for centuries,why does everything have to change in this Country.

If it does have to change it shouldnt be on the say so of tree huggers and conservationists who have no real grasp of how wildlife operate in rural Ireland,idiots on liveline raving about frightened stag and deer,the animals are naturally highly strung and will bolt from anything that moves,its in thier instinct to always run away,people who are wholly unqualified to comment on these matters(mostly Green Party members) are being given open season to demand the ending of centuries old traditons on a whim,its wrong.

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]Iā€™m an each to their own meself, and its not something Iā€™m personally involved in although I have connections who are.

While I wouldnā€™t have much of an opinion on the activity itself, I find most of the people involved havenā€™t an arse in their pants.

That being said Iā€™m looking forward to seeing ArtFoleyā€™s mam, Avril, patrolling Stephens Green astride her mount.[/quote]

Thats a good point, anyone with a proper job wouldnt be available to hunt three weekdays!!!

Fair enough, and I can only speak for my part of the country, where they are certainly not popular. Iā€™ve also heard many stories of the hunt starting on land where it is welcome but straying on to neighbouring properties in pursuit of the quarry. Thankfully this has never happened to us so this is just hearsay, but Iā€™d have no reason to doubt the people that told me this.

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSHā€]I dont hunt myself,i used to go out shooting alright but gave it up after a near miss where any of the four lads with me could have been shot dead after my gun fired when we were walking a field,id forgotten to put the catch on,wouldnt be keen on going shooting in company since and going on your own is no craic,anyway back to the matter at hand,why is there a burning need in this Country to change things for the sake of it,banning any form of hunting is just another bow to seeing to be doing things right and all that rubbish,the Greens will be crushed in the next election hopefully,what a shower of absolute cunts.

There are hundreds of thousands of foxes,hares,stags,deer,pheasant etc in this Country,if hunting were to cease weā€™d be calling for a national cull of these animals inside of a Decades time,crusties ringing liveline in tears over the plight of defenceless wildlife have no idea of the wildlifes ability to reproduce in the wild or of its potential to cause damage to our countryside,woodlands and sheep flocks.Fucking eejits on liveline recalling tales of how they saw a huntsman hit a horse or how the poor stag was panting he was so frightented should be told to fuck off because they havent a clue what they are taling about,id love some Journo to do that,no chance of Joe Duffy doing it though.[/quote]

What kind of a clown would hunt himself

He tells a story where he nearly kills one of his buddies and thatā€™s what you pick up on??

He excelled himself with the opener

Lads need to differenate between the hunts who just use the beagels and the horsey hunts as well. The lads with the foot hounds are invariably good stock who are purely out for the sport as opposed to the jolly up, bon homme attitude that can be found with the horsey crowd.

Itā€™s not so much the hunting that concerns me anyways, itā€™s what would come down the line if this bill is successful.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Lads need to differenate between the hunts who just use the beagels and the horsey hunts as well. The lads with the foot hounds are invariably good stock who are purely out for the sport as opposed to the jolly up, bon homme attitude that can be found with the horsey crowd.

Itā€™s not so much the hunting that concerns me anyways, itā€™s what would come down the line if this bill is successful.[/quote]

There are cunts in every crowd everywhere

Ya, very true. Any gathering of 6 or more people you can be pretty sure one of them is a cunt.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Lads need to differenate between the hunts who just use the beagels and the horsey hunts as well. The lads with the foot hounds are invariably good stock who are purely out for the sport as opposed to the jolly up, bon homme attitude that can be found with the horsey crowd.

Itā€™s not so much the hunting that concerns me anyways, itā€™s what would come down the line if this bill is successful.[/quote]

If thereā€™s a crowd worse than the horsey set, itā€™s the gormless slack jawed fools following them around building up the walls and fences that have been knocked down along the way. Have they no respect for themselves? Traipsing around following the perceieved gentry, being treated like a piece of shit on the sole of their riding boots.

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]Iā€™m an each to their own meself, and its not something Iā€™m personally involved in although I have connections who are.

That being said Iā€™m looking forward to seeing ArtFoleyā€™s mam, Avril, patrolling Stephens Green astride her mount.[/quote]

:smiley:

Thereā€™s no shock value in Link almost killing one of his friends, in fact itā€™s expected at this point.

Spot on Man,the fellas freezing thier nuts off looking over ditches for a glimpse of horses and hounds about 2 miles away across a valley are fairly tragic aswell.