I have lost interest in

Having seen the card for Punchestown on Tuesday I think my interest in this NH season is done

3 Likes

Might as well run it in Closutton

Like a flat summer Graded meeting in the Curragh that should be run in Ballydoyle

1 Like

The best part of the last World Cup was the group stages with all the tension and permutations but unfortunately the expansion of the World Cup to 48 teams and Euros to 24 will ruin that drama.

The GAA football championship. I’ll tune in for the semi finals and finals but it seems a complete hames of a set up now.

A few Ulster championship games, AI semis and AI final seem like all that’s worth watching

16 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

I have paid little to no attention to it yet.

It’ll start now and there will be some big games in the next round. What a waste of time getting to this point though

2 Likes

I haven’t properly watched the Sunday Game in years.

8 Likes

There was only a handful in the Gaelic Grounds today based on the small crowd in Na Piarsaigh.

It was a staple of a summer Sunday night for years. Deleted more episodes than I’ve watched this season.

1 Like

Gaelic football is just an awful sport to watch. Even watching young fellas play u12s and u14s free and unshackled is a tough enough watch.

3 Likes

Same. It’s shit now.

It was brilliant when you had the likes of brolly, Spillane, Ger loughnane and the likes on it.

Yawn festival now.

Ah my young lad scored a goal from a sideline today in an U8s game. It was entertaining enough fare. His goal wouldn’t have been out of place in a Sunday Game camogie segment though

1 Like

Nasty post. Mac showing his true colours.

1 Like

I have not watched a football game this year, last year I only watched the final

I could never understand why hurling is not by far and away the most popular sport on this island. The fact that more counties choose football over hurling is mind boggling. You could maybe understand back in the day why hurling was confined mainly to Munster and south Leinster. Better land, more landlords to promote it before the GAA came along, etc.
But in modern society where the quality of club pitches are unrecognisable from what they were fifty years ago, and where everything is instant, there’s no excuse for the game to be largely confined to 12 odd counties.
I often think of Kerry, partaking in a pointless turkey shoot in Munster annually, having to wait for the latter rounds so they can continue their plastic rivalry with the Dubs.
When if their county board actually promoted hurling, they could actually have a decent team playing in the wonderful competition that is the Munster Hurling Championship. A championship where they could have real local rivalry.

3 Likes

I don’t know do you know many Kerry’s

If they weren’t winning they would have no interest in it

Some fine Hurling people down in patches of Kerry but it would take a very poor crop of footballers for them to even consider the stick and small ball.

Cork

Hurling men losing interest in football.

Who’d have thunk it.

2 Likes