I have lost interest in

Irish people are savages…we eat too much, drink too much, spend too much…the only time the majority of irish people under 30 are happy or have enough confidence to express themselves is when they are pissed…we follow shit like rugby, soccer anything if it means we can go on the lash for the day and show some misguided sense of natonal pride…we´re an empty race not capable of thinking for ourselves individually instead we´re drip fed shit by different generations of politicans, and before that it was the catholic church and even journalsts writing utter garbage…we soak it all up…cliche´s like “rent is dead money” so we all go buy houses we can´t afford in long term…its utter madness…its only when you spend time with other nationalities you notice how fcuked up we are…everything is appearance here…there´s such a lack of confidence underneath the surface…fookin pathetic…

This thread.

Can’t believe that took 6 pages…

It has all gone introspective and self-hating. I can’t get with that. I’m a winner. I’m optimistic. I have no time for losers or negative vibes. I’m full of self-belief. I can do anything because of who I am and where I’m going. This is my Ireland show me yours.

Yes, my friend. Yes!

This is what I wanna harness. We can be whatever we want to be. Fuck the self loathing, fuck the negative, inactive, leave the problem to someone mentality. We have a nobel past, a wonderful culture, and magnificent qualities as a people. We need to learn to use them again. We need to have pride in who we are. At the moment it ain’t there, we don’t have that connection with place and each other, that connection with what makes us unique from everyone else, but we can if enough people spread the word and believe again

I’m fucking Irish and I’m proud.

:clap:

I’d love to respond more fully to this thread CM but I’m simply too busy making it happen.

broadsheet.ie

I’ve lost my faith in womanhood…

Pretty girls make graves.

:clap:

Not enjoying the witty limericks?

They are not witty.

It’s the same shit every day.

You missed my sarcasm when I said “witty”. I see they’re even trying to phase back in “things that look like Ireland”. Dreadful shit.

It is indeed.

Fellows with beards… Trailers for movies you’ll never see. Pictures of stolen bikes. Unfunny cartoons. Pictures of swans on Grafton Street. Cheap jokes about James Reilly. Videos of cats. General predictable liberal agenda stuff

I was at the cinema recently for the new James Bond (shit), between the ads, the trailers, more ads, the bits about turning off your phone, it took something like 25 minutes for the movie to start. Utter cuntology the amount of adverts these pricks are getting away with showing nowadays.

I’m relativley sure that Fagan or the likes of him (including myself) haven’t ruined the country. Rather, we have been contributors to the state coffers for more years than you have been on earth and I would assume that somewhere along the line you have been the beneficiary of our contributions, whether it be secondary or third level education, or a blast of the dole.
Either way, while understanding your incessant need to be heard complaining, there’s fuck all you can do about it.

Meanwhile, Fagan and myself shall share an internet “Ball o’ Malt” over the Festive season, while wondering about your future…
Rib-eye or a fillet versus pizza or spag-bol…Get out of it…

Fagan runnin around eating bits of turf with his beloved Irish crisps on the side washed down with a cup of Boxtys piss.\

Gerrupowwadat.

Our generation rescued this country before Boxty and pulled it back from the brink of bankruptcy and we will do it again.

:clap: :clap: :pint: :ireland:

You couldnt hurry up and do it again could you? Although I’m dubious about how much a generation who have dress up birthday parties anytime after your teens could truly achieve.