I\'ll gamble on anything, me

What’s that councillors addiction?

1 Like

In a few years horsey racing in Ireland will be point to point meetings
The advertising ban will kill horse racing

He was never addicted to anything himself from what i could gather.

Thats the dream

How do you become a councillor in the first place?

Gonna be a lot of playing the man and not the ball here you’d feel. The vested interests won’t like this.

What odds will you give us on this

Same odds as getting a genuine reply

You get elected

Funny thing is, this wont stop lads being able to gamble. And if horse racing is really a legitimate sport it should be well able to stand aside from this.

I’m willing to take the risk and see what happens.

1 Like

Paddy footix listens to some podcast featuring Dan McConnell and suddenly starts thinking of the children

1 Like

Who the fuck is Dan McConnell

He is right there as such, win on a Saturday and you will find meaning. Celtic -1 at evens is usually good at 12:30, then you rock onto the horses and dogs, then Madrid -1 and if still behind, late Sat night dogs and maybe even Penn National and Charlestown.

You’d learn a lot about yourself doing that.

You’re fierce upset about something that you don’t do yourself, why is that @myboyblue ?

Ban gambling, ban the drink. Yerra fuck it… ban reading books while we’re at it

My vices are fine though

2 Likes

A lot of lads could do with just standing back and thinking is this where I need to find joy in their life

If we can steer more away from going down this path, it’ll all be worthwhile

1 Like

Someone I once knew commited suicide as a result of gambling debts.

3 Likes

Makes sense now. Sorry to hear that.

I 'd like to see it go back to the highstreet, but that the lads who were winning wouldnt be excluded and the ladsdoing their brains be stopped. No money for bookies then I spose.

1 Like

Nobody commits suicide because of money or materials. They commit suicide for a primal reason. Drugs or gambling maybe the manifestation of the reason why, but they aren’t the cause