I'm going into town now

Did you get a new shirt in the end, mate?

No, mate. I haven’t worn a casual shirt in many years and I felt it was too much, too soon. That said, I did peruse some shirts in various outlets without pulling the trigger. It took me an hour to take off tags, store things away and discard bags/boxes just now.

To recap, I approached Grafton Street from the Nassau Street direction having strolled past a very old looking Brendan Kennelly outside Trinity College and commenced my shopping expedition from the bottom of Grafton Street going upwards:

1. Belt: Purchased in River Island - own brand.
  2. Shoes: Purchased in BT2 - Hudson brand.
  3. Ties: Purchased in Tie Rack in Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre, x3.

I then walked back down Grafton Street.

1. Beard Trimmer: Purchased in Boot’s - Remington brand.
  2. Deoderant: Purchased in Boot’s - FCUK brand.

I was then distracted by a band getting a magnificent reception whilst busking just up from Boot’s so I doubled back to check them out. They were called Key West or something and were touting a debut album but the singer seemed like a right wanker. I listened to the opening strains of some dirge about a girl he fancied and continued on my way back down Grafton Street.

1. Contact Lens Solution: Purchased in Specsaver’s - own brand.

I then decided to head across to Henry Street seeing as I was at the Specsaver’s across from Trinity and practically on the way north. As luck would have it, a bird with a cracking hole strolled past as I was weighing up my options so I made the snap decision to track her like a yellow jersey clad cyclist would an attacker on a steep mountain climb. It was a mere 5 minutes later and we were both on Henry Street, me a creepy 3 or 4 yards behind her.

1. Jeans: Purchased in Arnott’s - Diesel brand x2 (Zathan and Zatiny style).
  2. T-Shirt: Purchased in Arnott’s - All Saints brand.

I always go to the Celtic Store when I’m in the Henry Street area so I went into Jervis Street Shopping Centre. I couldn’t bring myself to purchase the horrible new home jersey but I went into the Diesel shop.

1. T-Shirt: Purchased in Diesel - Diesel brand.

I went back down the escalator and it was only when I spotted the Argos shop that I remembered headphones / earphones were very much on my shopping list. I find the ordering / queuing system in Argos weird so I went across to PC World.

1. Headphones: Purchased in PC World - Sennheiser brand.

I was physically and mentally shattered at this stage - let’s not forget I’d pushed myself very hard on a cycle this morning - so I decided to walk home. I was happy that I’d supported some major British stores and manufacturers as I feel it’s our duty to keep the high street alive. I was also delighted that I managed to get the 3 things on my list (beard trimmer, contact lens solution and headphones) plus 7 other impulse purchase items.

I’ll definitely go into town again.

Bandage pal you are a modern day hero. The guts of a grand probably dropped back into the economy over the long weekend and not so much as a word of thanks sought.

Outstanding

Bandage does a retail Monday.

Lovely stuff. :clap:

That band were just tuning their guitars and getting ready to start their session when I rambled by them today Bandage -they looked very hip. My sole purchase in town today(apart from lunch) was a book a few posters here recommended recently called Shantaram. Dublin felt quite vibrant today considering it was the August bank holiday Monday and I had thought that it would be fairly quiet-all in all, I also spent a very enjoyable two hours in town today.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 812810, member: 9”]No, mate. I haven’t worn a casual shirt in many years and I felt it was too much, too soon. That said, I did peruse some shirts in various outlets without pulling the trigger. It took me an hour to take off tags, store things away and discard bags/boxes just now.

To recap, I approached Grafton Street from the Nassau Street direction having strolled past a very old looking Brendan Kennelly outside Trinity College and commenced my shopping expedition from the bottom of Grafton Street going upwards:

I was then distracted by a band getting a magnificent reception whilst busking just up from Boot’s so I doubled back to check them out. They were called Key West or something and were touting a debut album but the singer seemed like a right wanker. I listened to the opening strains of some dirge about a girl he fancied and continued on my way back down Grafton Street.

I then decided to head across to Henry Street seeing as I was at the Specsaver’s across from Trinity and practically on the way north. As luck would have it, a bird with a cracking hole strolled past as I was weighing up my options so I made the snap decision to track her like a yellow jersey clad cyclist would an attacker on a steep mountain climb. It was a mere 5 minutes later and we were both on Henry Street, me a creepy 3 or 4 yards behind her.

I always go to the Celtic Store when I’m in the Henry Street area so I went into Jervis Street Shopping Centre. I couldn’t bring myself to purchase the horrible new home jersey but I went into the Diesel shop.

I went back down the escalator and it was only when I spotted the Argos shop that I remembered headphones / earphones were very much on my shopping list. I find the ordering / queuing system in Argos weird so I went across to PC World.

I was physically and mentally shattered at this stage - let’s not forget I’d pushed myself very hard on a cycle this morning - so I decided to walk home. I was happy that I’d supported some major British stores and manufacturers as I feel it’s our duty to keep the high street alive. I was also delighted that I managed to get the 3 things on my list (beard trimmer, contact lens solution and headphones) plus 7 other impulse purchase items.

I’ll definitely go into town again.[/quote]
:smiley:

Great book. You’ll enjoy it

[quote=“Bandage, post: 812810, member: 9”]Tie: Purchased in Tie Rack in Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre, x3.
[/quote]

More info needed on the ties… colour, style, intended knot type. …

And on the shoes.

I don’t doubt it mate-when it comes to following recommendations and suggestions from strange men on the internet, I’ve never been put wrong yet.

Epic!!

[quote=“Bandage, post: 812810, member: 9”]No, mate. I haven’t worn a casual shirt in many years and I felt it was too much, too soon. That said, I did peruse some shirts in various outlets without pulling the trigger. It took me an hour to take off tags, store things away and discard bags/boxes just now.

I’ll definitely go into town again.[/quote]

That story had everything, even a potential love interest :clap:

On Morning Ireland they mentioned that retail figures at the weekend seemed to hold up relatively well despite the bus strike. All because of modern day heroes like Bandage.

Good to see Steven Nolan working his magic on Bandage, he is taking positive steps regarding his dress sense and image. Next Week, Bandage goes to a cafe.

Are taxis ripping off people…they should really

:smiley:

Wtf is this shit?

The beard trimmer is an absolute winner. Delighted with its purchase.

Do you normally trim it this late at night?

I trimmed it at about 8.30pm, pal. I only posted about it some time after that, however.